10 US Airport Play Areas for Children
Trying to navigate a busy airport, particularly with young children, can be a real challenge at the best of times. Kids waiting for a flight will find it hard to sit still for a long period of time despite electronics and bribes.
As a parent, I know that kids can be difficult to control, especially when bored. However, there are some parents who don’t even attempt to manage their kids. Few things are more grating than small children running around and screaming. What’s even worse is when no real attempt is made for them to use their “inside voice.”
With a little preparation, you can ease airport boredom for kids with a little play action.
Here is a list of 10 US airport play areas for children:
1. Portland Airport (PDX) — Number of play areas: 2
Near the D/E security checkpoint, pre-security.
Concourse C near gate C17 beyond the security checkpoint.
2. Boston Logan International Airport — Number of play areas: 3
Terminal A: post-security in the Satellite building by Gate 18
Terminal B: post-security near Gate B29.
Terminal C: post-security in the area prior to Gate 25.
READ MORE: 10 Rules for Flying With Small Children
Terminal A: Gate A13
Terminal B: Gate B12
Terminal C: Gate C14
Terminal D: McDonald’s Play area near Gate D33
4. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport — Number of play areas: 1
Location: Across from Seattle Tap Room between Central Terminal and A gates.
5. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) — Number of play areas: 1
Location: Terminal A-East.
6. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) — Number of play areas: 7
Locations: All play areas are in McNamara Terminal.
Concourse A has four play areas.
Concourse B has two play areas.
Concourse C has one play area.
7. Chicago O’Hare International (ORD)
Location: “Kids on the Fly” is around the corner from Gate F1 in Terminal 2.
8. Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) — Number of play areas: 1
D Gates, Level 2 above rotunda.
9. Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) — Number of play areas: 2
Concourse C at Terminal 1-Lindbergh.
Level 2, inside security, at Terminal 2-Humphrey.
READ MORE: Flying Fun: Top 5 Airports for Entertainment
10. San Francisco International Airport (SFO) — Number of play areas: 2
Terminal 3, Boarding Level F near Gate 87A.
Terminal 2, near Gates 54A and 58B.
This blog originally appeared on Vane's website.
More by VANE Airport Magazine
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions