PHOTO: It's no surprise why the MS/Koningsdam did so well at the 2017 Travvys. (Photo via Flickr/Bill Showalter)
They are the All-Stars of the open oceans–the cruise ships we have come to know so well that we brighten the moment we book passage aboard its respective grandeur.
Wednesday brought us a glimpse of the absolute apex in cruise travel, offering a trove of winners in the cruise ship categories.
The most prolific line on the night was Celebrity Cruise Lines, which took home nods for its Celebrity Eclipse (Premium) and Celebrity Xpedition (Small). These represent two of the four awards the cruise line took home on the night, representing one of the more successful brands on what is a spirited affair.
As for the best overall cruise ship, that esteemed title went to Holland America’s Holland America MS/Koningsdam.
That particular ship continues to welcome travelers with its lavish and comforting confines, boasting impeccable style, fresh dining and activities that span the spectrum of interests such as wine tasting and musical retreats in the form of a B.B King’s Blues Club and Billboard lounge.
Check out who took home the top honors in the cruise ship categories below (Gold winners listed first, Silver winners listed second):
• Best Cruise Ship, Overall – Holland America MS Koningsdam, Viking Star
• Best Cruise Ship, Luxury – Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Paul Gaugin Cruises M/S Paul Gauguin
• Best Cruise Ship, Contemporary – Norwegian Epic, Carnival Vista
• Best Cruise Ship, Large – Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas, Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Reflection
• Best Cruise Ship, Mid-Size – Regent Seven Seas Navigator, Paul Gaugin Cruises M/S Paul Gauguin
• Best Cruise Ship, Premium – Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Eclipse, Princess Cruises Royal Princess
• Best Cruise Ship, Small – Celebrity Xpedition, Seadream I