3 Cruise Deals To Check Out This Week
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock
With Veterans Day and the holidays fast approaching, there is no better time than now to book a last-minute Thanksgiving or Christmas cruise or one as a special gift to be enjoyed in 2016. Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Windstar Cruises sailings would look just swell as stocking stuffers this season don't you think?
Norwegian Cruise Line
The Freestyle Choice promotion is back from Norwegian Cruise Line, offering options worth up to $1,500 in extra value on cruises booked now through Dec. 31, making the generally all-exclusive line more inclusive.
The company is providing one of four promotional offers: a free Ultimate Beverage Package, free Specialty Dining Package, free $50 per port shore excursion credits in up to four ports or a free 250 minute Wi-Fi package. Choices apply to guests who reserve a 3 to 16-day cruise in any cabin category on any cruise more than 30 days before departure. As an added perk, guests who book in The Haven or a suite will be given all four offers.
Plus, the line is offering up to $200 in onboard credits on select Christmas sailings and $100 onboard credit on select South American sailings booked in November on the Norwegian Sun. Any cruise booked in November will also benefit from reduced deposits on all sailings through the end of June 2016.
Always helpful in booking itineraries abroad are flight and sailing specials, and Princess Cruises is on the way with its Cruise Deals and Air Steals promotion, its biggest sale of the year in conjunction with the relaunch of the Princess EZair booking tool.
“We’ve secured incredibly low airfares and to celebrate we’re passing along the savings to our guests who book our ‘Cruise Deals and Air Steals’ sales promotion,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises’ president. “Coupled with our newly relaunched Princess EZair booking tool, guests experience ease and convenience when booking airfare to coincide with their cruise vacations.”
Specials include savings up to $300 per guest on cruise fares in addition to savings up to $300 per guest on roundtrip airfare when the two are booked together utilizing Princess EZair. Cruise and seven-day and longer combo vacation deals to Europe, Japan and Alaska that depart April-September 2016 are highlighted by Princess below.
Airfares to Princess cruise vacation destinations are on sale with the lowest prices of the year, through Dec. 8, 2015. Sample roundtrip fares include:
• Dallas (DFW) to Seattle (SEA) – Sale price: $49 (from $249)
• New York (JFK) to Copenhagen (CPH) – Sale price: $449 (from $749)
• Miami (MIA) to San Francisco (SFO) – Sale price: $154 (from $354)
• Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR) – Sale price: $698 (from $998)
• Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) – Sale price: $720 (from $1,020)
• Seattle (SEA) to Tokyo (NRT) – Sale price: $857 (from $1,157)
Sample Cruise Deals include:
• Alaska cruise vacation — 7 days: $1,099 interior (was $1,299); $2,049 balcony (was $2,249)
• Alaska land and sea vacation — 10 nights: $1,984 interior (was $2,184); $3,234 balcony (was $3,434)
• Circle Hokkaido, Japan cruise vacation — 11 days: $1,769 interior (was $2,199); $2,669 balcony (was $3,019)
• Scandinavia & Russia cruise vacation — 11 days: $2,309 interior (was $2,509); $2,909 balcony (was $3,309)
• Mediterranean Medley cruise vacation — 14 days: $2,419 interior (was $2,768); $3,219 balcony (was $3,568)
The line also details the Princess EZair tool benefits here:
• Surprisingly Low Prices – Princess has negotiated new lower competitive Flexible airfares, oftentimes lower than Restricted airfares.
• Worry-Free Booking – guests can lock in a great airfare and change their flight up to 45 days prior to departure with no penalty fee on flexible airfares and can book flights with no amount due until cruise final payment.
• Late Arrival Protection – if guests miss their cruise embarkation due to an airline delay or service disruption, Princess’ Late Arrival Protection ensure they will get a flight to the next available port at no additional air cost.
• Easy to Request a Quote - Visit princess.com and follow these three simple steps: 1 - Find a Cruise, 2 - View Details, 3 - Request a Flight Quote. Call 1-800-PRINCESS or ask a Travel Consultant about Princess EZair.
• 24/7 Support – via the en route desk, Princess offers around-the-clock support to ensure air travel is as worry-free as the cruise.
• No Customization Fee – choose desired airline, flight, class of service, seating arrangements and requested ancillary services with no extra customization fee.
As a very welcome gesture, Windstar Cruises is running its first-ever Veterans Day sale and military discount through Nov. 12 on journeys to Europe, Costa Rica and the Panama Canal, and the Caribbean. Savings of up to 81 percent are in store for all guests, and veterans and active duty military will receive an additional $100 per person onboard credit when booking the following select sailings at starting prices according to the cruise line:
Dreams of Tahiti – $1,299, a seven-day sailing experience to the most romantic islands on earth
Naturally Costa Rica – $1,299, a seven-day adventure with stops at rainforests, beaches, and volcanoes
Yachtsman’s Caribbean – $1,299, a seven-day sojourn in paradise, lingering in the ports of the Caribbean’s private yachting scene
Spanish Serenade – $1,799, an eight-day journey from Barcelona to Lisbon featuring golden beaches and charming mountain villages
Gems of the Aegean – $2,999, an eight-day exploration from Istanbul to Athens, crossing the Aegean Sea in private yacht style
Greek Isles and Turkish Delights – $2,599, a seven-day signature voyage with ports at stunning Greek Isles, the Turkish coasts, and the greatest icons of civilization
The cruise line is also detailing a special military contest: Windstar Cruises is proud to be a part of Xanterra Parks & Resorts, which is sponsoring a #FreeBecause photo-sharing contest until Nov. 12. A grand prize giveaway of a trip to the Grand Canyon will be awarded to a veteran or active military member and his/her family, plus daily giveaways.
To enter the contest, participants should Instagram or Tweet a photo of their military hero and tag it with #FreeBecause. For more information and to see a special album of the photo entries, visit www.xanterra.com/freebecause.
For more Cruise Line & Cruise Ship News
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions