American Queen Steamboat Company 2017 Brochure Showcases Sixth Season
WHY IT RATES: This is truly authentic American right here. Begin planning a 2017 cruise now thanks to AQSC. – Rich Thomaselli, TravelPulse Senior Editor
PHOTO: The American Queen Steamboat Company is already set for 2017 (Courtesy AQSC)
American Queen Steamboat Company, operator of America’s most luxurious riverboat fleet, is pleased to announce the release of its 2017 deluxe brochure. This full-color, 76-page brochure presents a full overview of itineraries and river cruise offerings for the sixth season of the U.S.-flagged cruise line and its iconic American Queen and American Empress riverboats.
Inspired by the great steamboats of the 19th century, traveling aboard the American Queen and American Empress allows guests to relive the experience of a previous generation, but with all of the modern amenities that today’s travelers expect. Combining the best of the old with the new, personal touches and attention to detail abound, from the itineraries to the boats themselves.
“Our goal is to make river cruise vacations more enticing than ever,” shares American Queen Steamboat Company President and COO Ted Sykes. “We celebrate an authentically American experience that has no equal in terms of cuisine, hospitality, extraordinary entertainment, and unique experiences ashore.”
READ MORE: Breaking Down AQSC’s Theme Cruises
The brochure captures this authentically American experience by highlighting American Queen’s trademark level of quality dining, friendly all-American crew and interesting, content-filled itineraries. Guests can begin planning their 2017 holiday on the American Queen and American Empress exploring the waters and towns throughout the Heartland of America and Pacific Northwest.
Highlights in the 2017 season include:
- The American Empress season will open and close with a new themed voyage “Vintages, Vineyards, and Varietals.” Traveling roundtrip to and from Portland, Ore., guests are invited to inspire their palates with wines, coffees, and craft beers of the Northwest while cruising amidst the natural beauty of the Columbia River.
- Ports of call added to several American Queen itineraries include vibrant Nashville, Tenn., and historic Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Commodore Services have been extended to both vessels this year, offering an exclusive level of hospitality and amenities to guests staying in suite-level accommodations onboard the American Queen and the American Empress. Commodore Services feature special access to the pre-voyage hotel’s club lounge, access to private voyage check-in and pre-boarding privileges, a bottle of wine from the region or fruit basket upon arrival, preferred dining arrangements, reserved balcony seating in the Grand Saloon theater or the Show Lounge theater, a private reception with Senior Officers of the ship and River Butler services for those staying in Luxury Suites.
- The popular “Mighty Mississippi Voyage” will sail once in the 2017 season—traveling the entire length of the river with a southbound itinerary spanning three fabulous weeks cruising amidst the antebellum charms and gracious style of the American Queen.
- “Holiday – Christmas Markets” cruises are back with an exclusive lineup of markets offering a little something for everyone including music, seasonal goods and locally produced crafts. Booking for these magical itineraries starts in early May.
- The inaugural season of the “Chairman’s Cruise” where guests can join American Queen Steamboat Company Chairman and CEO John Waggoner and his wife Claudette onboard the American Queen for a round-trip cruise from their hometown of Louisville, Ky.
For additional information and reservations, please contact the American Queen Steamboat Company at 888-749-5280, visit www.AmericanQueenSteamboatCompany.com or call a professional travel agent.
SOURCE: American Queen Steamboat Company press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship