Carnival Magic Adds New Signature Dining Venues and Bars
Photo courtesy of Carnival Cruise Line
A major multi-million dollar refurbishment is in progress on Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Magic ahead of the ship’s repositioning to its new Port Canaveral homeport in April 2016. The two-week dry-dock enhancements are already underway, occurring between February 21 and March 6, 2016, to add several fresh dining venues.
“Carnival Magic is already a groundbreaking ship — it was the first to feature our popular Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub and SportSquare outdoor recreation facility — and with these new features we’re making this spectacular floating resort even better,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Following this extensive refurbishment, Carnival Magic will offer even more exciting on-board choices for travel agents to market to their clients.”
Carnival favorites and extensions being added include the following:
• Guy’s Burger Joint: a complimentary poolside eatery from Food Network personality Guy Fieri, featuring gourmet burgers and fries in a Californian car-culture atmosphere.
• BlueIguana Cantina: another free poolside Mexican dining venue with fresh burritos and tacos and an extensive toppings and salsa bar.
• RedFrog Rum Bar: a tropical poolside watering whole serving rum-based cocktails and beers like Carnival’s signature ThirstyFrog Red.
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar: an al fresco Mexican bar that complements the cantina with tequila-based drinks and beers.
• Pizzeria del Capitano: an extension of the Cucina del Capitano specialty Italian restaurant, baking five kinds of complimentary pizza 24 hours a day.
• Alchemy Bar: a unique drink “pharmacy” where mixologists “prescribe” elixirs and custom cocktails.
The Carnival Magic will remain based in Galveston, Texas through April 10, 2016 before departing for the Space Coast for year-round, seven-day departures to the Caribbean starting on April 23, 2016. Its itineraries from Port Canaveral, Florida will include a western Caribbean one to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean one to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Features & Advice
Airlines & Airports
Destination & Tourism