Spring and Summer Cruise Deals Set Sail
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock
As the spring and summer seasons approach, various cruise lines are preparing for their guests with a number of new and extended cruise deals and specials. Check them out below.
Cunard Line is running a Spring Savings Event until April 15, 2016 on select sailings aboard the Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth including up to 2-for-1 savings. The offer includes the following itinerary deals:
• Transatlantic Crossing from $799
• Mediterranean from $599
• New England & Canada from $1,199
• Caribbean from $1,249
• Northern Europe from $2,999
French Country Waterways
French Country Waterways is offering a 30 percent discount on select summer sailings to Burgundy aboard the 12-guest Adrienne luxury barge. Rates for 6-night cruises begin at just $4,476.50 per person. The itinerary features a Paris luxury hotel stay and private transport to Dijon ahead of the voyage.
Guests of Holland America Line can now receive a double spending credit when they book with an onboard future cruise consultant. That means they will be given up to $400 per person to use onboard, and travel agents still get their full commission from the transaction. Similarly, making a future cruise deposit for choosing a specific itinerary later on also qualifies for onboard credits but not the double amount.
Now extended through March 15, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Free at Sea promotion doubles the perks available to guests booking an oceanview, balcony or minisuite stateroom for a new 5-day or longer voyage more than 30 days prior to cruising.
They can select two of the following add-ons: free Unlimited Beverages, free Specialty Dining package, free shore excursion credits, or a free 250 minute Wi-Fi package. And those booking in an inside or studio cabin can select one of the aforementioned choices, and those booking in a suite or The Haven by Norwegian will get all four.
Plus, with Family & Friends Sail Free, third and fourth guests can come along at no extra cost on select sailings.
Specific to seven-day Hawaiian cruises booked through April 10, 2016, guests in any cabin category can select one of the following extra perks: free 1-night pre-cruise hotel stay, free Specialty Dining Package, free pre-paid gratuities for the first and second guest in the cabin, or free $50 per port shore excursion credits in up to four ports. Those reserving a suite will receive all four.
Princess Cruises has its “Summer on Sale” deals for up to 50 percent savings and up to $200 in bonus onboard credit per cabin on Alaskan and European cruises and Land & Sea journeys.
Specials include the following:
• Alaska cruise — 7 days: $699 interior (reduced from $849); $1,199 balcony (reduced from $1,499)
• Mediterranean cruise — 7 days: $749 interior (reduced from $1,499); $999 balcony (reduced from $1,899)
• Alaska cruise — 10 days: $999 interior (reduced from $1,449); $1,999 balcony (reduced from $2,599)
• British Isles cruise — 12 days: $1,199 interior (reduced from $2,399); $2,199 balcony (reduced from $3,199)
• Alaska Land & Sea vacation —11 nights: $1,199 interior (reduced from $1,604); $2,299 balcony (reduced from $2,624)
• Scandinavia & Russia cruise — 11days: $1,299 interior (reduced from $2,299); $1,999 balcony (reduced from $3,099)
Through March 14, 2016 on select sailings, Seabourn Cruise Line has a special two-week sale featuring 50 percent reduced deposits, complimentary veranda suite upgrades and a $1,000 per suite onboard credit for penthouse and premium suite guests.
Star Clippers “Fly and Sail” packages provide 50 percent discounts on international airfare (starting at just $500) for select European sailings with departures from Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Miami, FL; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC. Other cities are included at extra costs and special savings.
• $500 airfare is available on select 7-night Spain, Italy and South of France sailings with complete cruise and flight packages beginning at $2,110 per person.
• $600 airfare is available on select 6- and 7-night Malta, Greece and South of France sailings with complete cruise and flight packages beginning at $1,980 per person.
• $700 airfare is available on select 7-, 10- and 11-night Greece, Italy and South of France sailings with complete cruise and flight packages beginning at $2,310 per person.
For more Cruise Line & Cruise Ship News
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports