Wave Season Cruise Deals Continue to Pour In
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock
Updated: A limited time offer from Viking River Cruises has been added.
So-called Wave Season cruise deals have yet to let up, as four more sets of specials are available from cruise lines during the first quarter of the year.
Through March 31, A-Rosa Cruises is providing savings of $800 per couple on European river cruises, and single supplements for solo travelers are being waived on dozens of sailings. Plus, up to three kids can sail free with only one adult, and travel agents who sell five cruises, sale free themselves.
Before April 30, Emerald Waterways is now taking reservations on its 2017 sailings at 2016 rates, and guests can also take advantage of $250 in additional savings per person on 7-10 night sailings and $500 per person on longer journeys.
Plus, on 2016 itineraries, guests who book a Panorama Balcony, Grand Balcony and Owner’s One-Bedroom Suites on any sailing between March and August will enjoy complimentary airfare to Europe from select cities.
READ MORE: A Whopping 14 'Wave Season' Cruise Deals
Hurtigruten is preparing to run its Exploration Five-Day Sale from Feb.1-5 with up to 40 percent savings on Explorer Voyages to Antarctica, Spitsbergen, South America, Greenland, Iceland and more such as on its 6-12 day Norway Coastal Voyages along the country’s coastline.
Example fares according to the line include $6,337 for the 16-day Discover Patagonia and Antarctica sailing aboard the MS Midnatsol (saving of $1,998) or a 6-day voyage along Norway’s coast for as low as $1,075. This sale includes "bucket list" type experiences including the Cultural Contrasts sailing through the North Atlantic to Africa and the 11-day circumnavigation of Iceland. This capacity-controlled special is for new U.S. bookings only.
READ MORE: 5 More Wave Season Cruise Deals
For a limited time though Jan. 31, Star Clippers is making available reduced Mediterranean cruise rates. Sample specials according to the line include the following:
- Star Clipper and Star Flyer: Rome, Athens and Venice sailings, brochure rate $2,925 per person, SPECIAL RATE $1,610 per person (savings of $1,315 per person) until January 31, 2016; after January 31, 2016 rates may increase as much as $1,810-$1,910 per person.
- Royal Clipper: Rome Athens and Venice sailings, brochure rate $3,225 per person, SPECIAL RATE $1,775 per person (savings of $1,450 per person) until January 31, 2016; after January 31, 2016 the rates could increase to $2,175-2,275 per person.
Additionally, Star Clippers is offering a complimentary one night stay at the 5-star Venice Hilton Molina with breakfast and a hotel-to-ship transfer on select Star Clipper and Royal Clipper Venice cruises this Summer and Fall.
Also in the Caribbean, guest can choose to extend their voyage with a complimentary 2-night pre- or post-cruise stay at the Holland House Beach Hotel in St. Maarten or the Accra Beach Hotel and Spa in Barbados, complete with breakfast and transfer on select sailings in February and March 2016. Rates for the 7-night cruise packages begin at $1,285 per person based on double occupancy.
Viking River Cruises
For a limited time, Viking River Cruises is offering a reduced Single Traveler supplement beginning at 25 percent on its top-selling river voyages as well as a reduction in airfare starting at $195.
Details according to the line are as follows:
Viking’s new offer for single travelers applies to new bookings from U.S. residents made before February 29, 2016. Air prices are per person based on cruise/cruisetour check-in date, and include transfers. Guests may select from three European river itineraries on Viking Longships:
- Danube Waltz (8 days; Budapest – Passau) – Explore Europe’s most enchanting countries along the Danube, visiting Budapest, Vienna, the Wachau Valley, Passau, Melk and Salzburg.
- Tulips & Windmills (10 days; Amsterdam – Antwerp – Amsterdam) – Witness the splendor of Holland’s tulips in spring, and visit beautifully preserved medieval cities in Belgium.
- Rhine Getaway (8 days; Amsterdam – Basel) – See Holland’s famous windmills, Germany’s romantic castles, multicultural Strasbourg and the Black Forest.
For more Cruise Line & Cruise Ship News
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports