18 Ways to Experience Seattle's Pike Place Market
Photo by Just Chasing Rabbits
Seattle's most famous tourist spots have to be the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. Visiting the Space Needle is pretty straightforward, but there is definitely some planning into seeing and tasting your way through Pike Place.
This market, which began in 1907, is famous for fresh fruits, veggies, flowers and fish. You will not believe the flavors of the fruits, the number (and low price!) of the flowers or the fish being thrown over your head!
Make sure to add this list to your Seattle itinerary, and be sure to check out the 25 (OTHER) Things To Do in Seattle.
1. Pose for a photo in front of the "Public Market" sign.
2. Drop some loose change into the huge piggy bank (named Rachel!), and rub her nose for good luck!
3. Get a coffee at the first Starbucks.
4. Eat a delicious piroshky from Piroshky Piroshky.
5. Skip lunch, and sample your way through the market (the fresh fruit is UH-MAZING!).
6. Try the heavenly cinnamon mini doughnuts at Daily Dozen Doughnuts.
7. Drop in some quarters to see the largest collection of giant shoes at the Giant Shoe Museum.
8. Catch a fish at Pike Place Fish Co. (or just watch if you're not into handling slimy fish!)
9. Stop to smell some of the thousands of fresh flowers for sale. (and buy a bouquet for cheap!)
10. Try surprisingly sweet salmon candy (yes, actual fish!) at Pike Place Fish Co.
11. Visit the famous Gum Wall in Post Alley. (and leave your gum behind to add to the public piece of art!)
12. Buy a one-of-a-kind souvenir from one of the many artisans on-site.
13. Try a local beer at Pike Place Brewing.
READ MORE: 5 Reasons to Take an Alaska Cruise
14. Get the world's best mac and cheese at Beecher's Handmade Cheese and watch the cheese being made right in front of your eyes.
15. Keep your eyes peeled for one of Pike Place's many ghosts... especially in Kell's Irish Pub.
16. Take time to enjoy the amazing street musicians and performers.
17. Find Bigfoot.
18. Get a HUGE cookie from Cinnamon Works. (where they cater to many dietary needs!)
For more information on the market, including vendors and hours, check out the official Pike Place Market website.
What are your favorite foods and experiences at Pike Place Market? What are you looking forward to trying? Let us know in the comments below!
This story originally appeared on the Just Chasing Rabbits blog.
More by Jennifer and Mark Campbell
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports