Last updated: 02:03 PM ET, Mon June 15 2015

Acapulco Fully Operational in Wake of Hurricane Carlos

Destination & Tourism | Claudette Covey | June 15, 2015

Acapulco Fully Operational in Wake of Hurricane Carlos

Photo via Twitter

Acapulco tourism officials reported that is in is operating normally in the wake of Hurricane Carlos, which made landfall over the weekend.

The impact from the hurricane, which has been downgraded to a tropical storm, was minimal and included fallen trees and damage to palapas, street lamps and boats, officials said.

All the restaurants, hotels and tourist services are currently fully operational.

Hotel occupancies were at 55.91 percent on Friday, June 12 and 54.91 percent on Saturday, June 13.

Carlos is currently offshore situated off the south central coast Mexico, approximately 70 miles south southwest of Lazaro Cardenas and 180 miles southeast of Manzanillo.

Forecasters said it is possible Carlos could regain hurricane status in the next 48 hours or so. A hurricane watch remains in effect for the region west of Punta San Telmo to Playa Perula. A tropical storm warning is in effect from Punta San Telmo to Lazaro Cardenas.

Carlos is the third storm to hit the Pacific region this year. It follows on the heels of Tropical Storm Blanca, which bypassed Los Cabos earlier this month.

For more information on Acapulco

For more Destination & Tourism News


You may use your Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook information, including your name, photo & any other personal data you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on Click here to learn more.

Xcaret: Experience All of Mexico in One Place

Hotels & Resorts