City Pulse: The Only Guide To Anaheim, Calif. You Need
Like a child with 20 other siblings, it’s easy to overlook Anaheim. But, like that child yearning for attention, there is something altogether rare and special about this Orange County destination. Of course, there is Disneyland, and the Angels, and all the other theme parks that call this place home. But like any other Southern California city, it’s the proximity to so much adventure that makes this place worth your time and hard-earned money. There is a reason it’s so expensive to live here. The weather is always spot-on, the beaches are a quick drive away, and you are sandwiched between weekend escapades to Los Angeles and San Diego. Not that you need to venture that far, because Anaheim is a one-stop shop for all that you want in family entertainment. But you already knew that. We can tell from the giant Mickey ears on your head.
If you are looking to experience the quintessential California vacation destination, look no further than Anaheim, California. Located in sunny Orange County, in the heart of Southern California, Anaheim is a world-class vacation destination. From the moment you step off the plane and first drive onto our palm tree-lined streets, your vacation begins. Start with our theme parks and then discover more; whether you are a die-hard sports fan, live music aficionado, adrenaline junkie, artisan shopper, food lover or brew connoisseur, there’s so much to explore in Anaheim. What’s more, extend your vacation and explore other parts of Southern California, due to Anaheim’s prime and convenient location, Anaheim serves as your home base to all of Southern California attractions. Discover world-famous attractions quaint and charming cities that dot the region, pristine beaches, or head out to a theme park, your Southern California vacation starts here in Anaheim!
Current Traffic: Google Traffic
Bikeshare: Bike Nation recently stopped service in Anaheim with no mention of return.
Walkability Score: 51 at Walk Score
Parking Options / Expense: ParkMe
Best Accommodations: (Expedia.com Highest Guest Rated w/at least 50 Reviews)
Boutique: Ayres Hotel Anaheim
High End: Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
Foods to seek out:
Sensational sandwiches: Cortina’s Italian Market — Let’s be honest, you will want to eat and run with Disneyland calling, and this place is the real deal.
Theme Parks: Disneyland
Orange County Gem: Awesome is a Drive Away
NHL: Anaheim Ducks
1. Make like Maverick and Goose and simulate a fighter jet experience at Flight Deck.
2. Burn calories and defy gravity at the Sky Zone Anaheim Indoor Trampoline Park.
3. With so much sun and beautiful weather it would be a near-crime not to play a round or two.
1. Enjoy a day of sipping fantastic wine in Temecula.
2. People watch as you take in food and drink at Downtown Disney.
3. Spend a day lounging at some of the most beautiful beaches in California.
2. Ramp up or wind down from Disney escapades with pint-sized fun at Adventure City.
3. Or, if you meander a bit from Anaheim, there is always Knott’s Berry Farm calling from not too far away.
1. Touristy Libations: Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
2. Post-Game Beer: Nobel Ale Works
3. Live Music: House of Blues
More by Gabe Zaldivar
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports