City Pulse: The Only Guide To Eugene, Oregon You Need
Some places demand you spend your vacation indoors. There are museums, restaurants, bars, and attractions that are enclosed and fitted with amazing items. Well, Eugene has all of that, but its greatest attribute is the natural beauty that drenches the area like an early spring shower. In short, Eugene is majestic. Now, most tourists coming to the area will be drawn by the mighty Oregon Ducks and all that the campus provides. However, we encourage you to take in all that nature went to the trouble of providing. There is hiking, riding, and water playing in some of the country’s more beautiful landscapes. With great food, amazing beer and wine selections, and a boisterous culture, Eugene will be that intoxicating holiday you never forget.
Eugene, Oregon is settled right at the southern tip of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, between two buttes and hugging the scenic Willamette River. By integrating the surrounding natural environment through extensive parks and path systems, you’re immersed in the dynamic beauty of the Northwest no matter where you stay in the city. Pick any time of year to visit Eugene’s downtown scene and you’ll find a cultural hub of arts and activities. And as a gateway to both the Cascades Mountains Region and the Oregon Coast, visitors can travel an hour in either direction to get a completely different scenic experience. It is no wonder Eugene has repeatedly been called "A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors.” - Eugene, Cascades and Coast
Current Traffic: Google Traffic
Airport: Eugene Airport
Public Transit: Lane Transit District
Bikeshare: City officials are in initial phases of potential bike share program.
Walkability Score: 41 at Walk Score
Best Accommodations: (Expedia.com Highest Guest Rated w/ at least 50 Reviews)
Boutique: Excelsior Inn
High End: Inn at the Fifth
Mid Range: Hilton Eugene
Bargain: Best Western New Oregon
Foods to seek out:
Waffles: Off the Waffle – Whether for a decadent breakfast or just a sinful lunch, this place aims to destroy that waffle hankering of yours.
Fine Dining: Marché – If you want to taste the local fare that is straight from the farm, you can’t do much better than this well regarded bistro.
Pizza: Pizza Research Institute – It’s a college town. What’d you expect?
Wine: Pfieffer Vineyards: This sustainable, solar powered winery has been producing the perfect Pinot Noir for over 30 years.
Great Outdoors: Outdoor Adventures
University of Oregon: Visit the Campus
Nike: Birthplace of Nike
NCAA: Oregon Ducks
Class A Baseball: Eugene Emeralds
1. Enjoy the amazing and lush surroundings with a bike ride on the Willamette River bike trail.
2. Learn something new at the captivating Museum of Natural and Cultural History.
3. Let’s be honest, your holiday is best spent in the warm embrace of beer. Go on the ultimate pub crawl on the Eugene Ale Trail.
1. The area is rife with great wine, so take the opportunity to visit one of the local vineyards like LaVelle Vineyards.
2. From water skiing to fishing to just floating gently down the Willamette River, Eugene has you covered.
3. Savor the city’s culture on the monthly First Friday Art Walk.
1. Take a family on a tour of the biggest attraction in town: that university everyone is talking about.
2. Take the kids to a museum they will love, such as the sensational Science Factory.
3. See the area’s iconic landmark at the Skinner Butte Park.
1. Post-Game Debauchery: Taylor’s
2. Beer: The Bier Stein
3. Cocktails: Izakaya Meiji
More by Gabe Zaldivar
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports