City Pulse: The Only Guide to Santa Rosa, Calif. You Need
Located in an area known for its world-famous wine and rolling hills, Santa Rosa is not only picturesque, but it also has a nightlife scene that offers plenty for travelers to do through the late hours.
The Northern California city is situated in Sonoma County next to Napa County, a region that draws travelers from around the world to taste its delicious wines and beers.
You can go wine tasting at a variety of top-notch wineries, check out a world-famous brewery, go hiking through the city’s many outdoor parks, see a show at a well-known venue, go shopping in quaint downtown, explore a safari-themed park and even get to know the creator of the “Peanuts” comic strip a little bit better at a dedicated museum.
Surrounded by boundless natural beauty like the majestic redwoods forests and gorgeous Sonoma Coast, Santa Rosa is truly the heart of wine country. The city has a down-to-earth sensibility that’s more about handcrafted quality than luxurious trappings. A foodie paradise without the pretense — where fresh from the farm is standard fare — Santa Rosa is central to thousands of world-class wineries and innovative, award-winning craft breweries. A cycling epicenter for the skilled racer, the casual bike commuter and everyone in between, Santa Rosa is the ultimate getaway for adventure-seekers ages 8 to 80. - Santa Rosa Convention & Visitors Bureau
Current Traffic: Google Traffic
Public Transit: Sonoma County Transit
Walkability Score: 42 at Walk Score
Parking Options / Expense: ParkMe
Boutique: Vintners Inn
High End: Beltane Ranch (Glen Ellen)
Mid Range: Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport
Bargain: Best Western Garden Inn
1. Walk around Downtown Santa Rosa and the Railroad Square Historic District.
2. Decompress at one of the area’s premier spas.
3. Explore the Pacific Coast Air Museum.
1. Go wine tasting at one of the area’s many world-class wineries.
2. See the beautiful Santa Rosa landscape on a hot air balloon ride with Up & Away Ballooning.
3. Explore picturesque Annadel State Park.
1. Discover the Sonoma County Serengeti at Safari West.
2. Visit the Charles M. Schulz Museum for a closer look at the Peanuts comic strip.
3. Enjoy 320-acre Spring Lake Regional Park.
1. Grab a beer and meet some locals at the world-famous Russian River Brewing Company.
2. Party at the Christy’s on the Square nightclub.
3. See a show or concert at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts.
Santa Rosa is:
Graphic via WorditOut.com
More by Ryan Rudnansky
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions