PHOTO: Roger Dow, president and CEO of U.S. Travel Association, recently appointed new members to the National Advisory Committee on Travel and Tourism Infrastructure. (Photo courtesy of U.S. Travel)
In a recent news release, the U.S. Travel Association announced it had appointed 13 U.S. Travel Members to the National Advisory Committee on Travel and Tourism Infrastructure (NACTTI).
The NACTII was established by last year's surface transportation bill, "will assist the U.S. Department of Transportation in developing policy recommendations and strategies to improve travel infrastructure and mobility," explains the release. Roger Dow, CEO and President of U.S. Travel Association says the travel leaders will assist the country to to better craft its infrastructure priorities for maximum benefit to both the economy and travelers."
"Congratulations to the U.S. Travel Association members who have been appointed to the NACTTI," adds Dow. "Our organization looks forward to continually working with government leaders to keep travelers moving."
One of the NACTTI's main objectives is to enhance the country's travel infrastructure. They also plan to encourage federal and local transportation officials to consider the travel and tourism sector when developing long-term transportation improvement plans.
The inaugural members include:
- Rossi Ralenkotter, President and CEO, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (Chair);
- Todd Davidson, Chief Executive Officer, Travel Oregon (U.S. Travel's current National Chair);
- Brad Dean, President and CEO, Visit Myrtle Beach;
- Camille Ferguson, Executive Director, American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association;
- Sean R. Fitzgerald, Vice President of Airport Property, Construction & Environmental, Enterprise Holdings;
- Ford Fuchigami, Director, Hawaii Department of Transportation;
- Bryan Grimaldi, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel, NYC & Company, Inc.;
- Joseph Lopano, Chief Executive Officer, Tampa International Airport;
- Sean Menke, President, Sabre Travel Network;
- Peter Pantuso, President & CEO, American Bus Association;
- Jack Potter, CEO, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority;
- Cathy Ritter, Director, Colorado Tourism Office; and
- Anne Taber Klenke, Tourism Director, Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau.
For more information on the US Travel Association visit their website.