Tel Aviv Launches into Summer Festival and Concert Season
Photo by David Cogswell
Summer on the shores of the Eastern Mediterranean is a time for celebration, and Tel Aviv is gearing up for a series of summer festivals, performances, and events. Here is a list of some of the more notable ones.
• The Tel Aviv Pride Festival will take place June 4-14.
The festival will include the Tel Aviv LGBT International Film Festival, the Pride Parade on June 12, many beach parties and White Night, an all-night celebration that will take place June 25 and will include concerts, performances, special events, exhibits, and tours.
• Monsters Art will take place in Jaffa Port through the month of June.
• Dance Theater of Harlem will return to Israel June 10-13.
• The Tel Aviv Dance Festival will begin in July and unfold over a three-month period.
• Cirque Du Soleil's Quidam will run July 2-16.
• The Tel Aviv International Children's Film Festival will be held from July 2-9.
Concerts planned for the summer include:
• One Republic, May 28
• Suzanne Vega, June 9-10
• Art Garfunkel, June 10
• Damien Marley, June 24
• Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, June 26-27
• Gloria Gaynor, July 29
More by David Cogswell
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions