The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel Readies For Music
PHOTO: Music, music and more music awaits at the third annual Island Hopper Songwriter Festival. (Courtesy The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel)
For 10 days this September and October (Sept. 23-Oct. 2), Florida’s Lee County and The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel will be home to the Island Hopper Songwriter Fest, a free festival bringing together songwriters and fans for a series of intimate performances and experiences. This year brings new events on Captiva Island, Fort Myers Beach and in downtown Fort Myers that will give fans ever greater opportunity to learn the stories behind their favorite tunes.
House parties, sunset cruises, pool parties, a dinner and wine pairing and a songwriting workshop are just a few of the ways in which songwriters and their fans will be able to interact this year.
“Each year we pack more fun into the Island Hopper Songwriter Fest experience,” said Tamara Pigott, executive director of the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau. “This festival gives the audience a unique opportunity to hear the stories behind the songs in small, intimate venues. It gives the songwriters a platform to meet other artists and enjoy getting to know their fans.”
Here’s a taste of what it was like last year:
With more than 52 artists already confirmed, including Bob DiPiero (“Southern Voice”), Even Stevens (“I Love a Rainy Night”), Frank Myers (“I Swear”) and Helen Darling (“Bring on the Rain”), the festival is a fantastic opportunity not only to become more familiar with the songs themselves and the writers behind these great hits, but to explore Captiva, Fort Myers Beach and downtown Fort Myers.
READ MORE: The Beauty Of Shelling
“We look forward to surprising fans with some high-profile acts,” said Louis Kaplan, Sr. VP Programming for iHeartMedia, one of the sponsors. “The Island Hopper Songwriter Fest is one of our favorite events of the year.”
Interested in going but not sure where to stay? Check out these properties
- Crown Plaza Fort Myers. Book the Island Hopper Package for $129/night plus tax (includes complimentary breakfast for two adults and two welcome drinks). Promotion valid Sept. 23 - Oct. 2.
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers. Offering a rate of $104 from Sept. 23 - Oct. 2. Mention the Island Hopper Fest Rate or the rate code of ISL.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton at the Bell Tower Shops. $105/night plus tax. Hilton HHonors Loyalty Program promotion valid Sept. 23 – Oct. 2.
Fort Myers Beach
- Outrigger Beach Resort. Save by booking a room at outriggerfmb.com for stays Sept. 21-28. Use promo code SONG.
- DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Package includes accommodations for two in a one-bedroom gulf view suite, two free welcome cocktails in a souvenir Cabañas cup, $25 credit per night for food and beverage, and poolside access to live music, food, and drinks.
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort. Special Island Hopper rate of $179/night. Use offer code Song Fest when booking.
- Silver Sands Villas. Stay three nights get the fourth night free. Rates starting from only $119/night. Offer valid through Oct. 4. Use promo code Island Hopper.
- Matanzas Inn Bayside Resort. Spend two nights get the third night free. Please use code "songwriters." Offer valid Sept. 26 – Oct. 3.
- Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina. Special nightly rate of $169 + resort fee and tax. Use code IHOP16.
- GullWing Beach Resort. Island Hopper friends save 20 percent.
- Ponte Estero Beach Resort. Save 20 percent at Pointe Estero Beach Resort
- Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach. Overnight accommodations with King bedding and breakfast for up to two people each morning for $149/night plus tax. Also includes free parking, free WiFi, free fitness center usage.
- Captiva Island Inn. Free breakfast for two people per day provided by Keylime Bistro or RC Otters.
- Sea Oats Luxury Estate – Captiva Island. Exclusive rental of Sea Oats Luxury Estate on Captiva Island includes a private performance. $3,500.00 plus tax/night includes sleeping accommodations for up to 30 guests. Sept. 23-27.
- South Seas Island Resort. Stay two nights or longer between Sept. 19 and Oct. 8 and receive 20 percent off, with rates starting from $189/night. In addition receive two tickets to a private on-site performance and a coupon book worth more than $250 in resort savings.
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa. Enjoy a special nightly rate from $165/night for three-night packages, plus $50 dining credit, and from $155/night for five-night packages, plus $100 dining credit Sept. 23-Oct. 2. Mention “Island Hopper."
More by Kristina Rundquist
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports