5 Things You Didn't Know About New Year's Eve
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock
The 2015 holiday travel season is underway, and many people will be hitting the road to cap off their vacation with a trip for New Year's Eve.
As you embark on your travels, check out a few facts about New Year's Eve from MarketResearch.com. The company has compiled a list of the five most interesting facts about the New Year's holiday, gleaned from its various research projects, meant to guide and educate travelers during the year-end festivities.
Here are five interesting stats about New Year's Eve for the traveler in all of us:
1. The top three places in the U.S. to visit and celebrate New Year's Eve are Las Vegas, Disney World, and New York City. Airbnb has more than one million reservations on New Year's Eve, 2015, including approximately 47,000 reservations in New York City alone.
2. The biggest international celebration is in Sydney, Australia. This celebration includes more than 80,000 fireworks set off over Sydney Harbour Bridge, with more than 1 million people in attendance to watch the show!
3. More than 360 million glasses of sparkling wine are consumed during the holiday season, and it's the biggest day for champagne consumption.
4. Only 50 percent of Americans make New Year's resolutions, and 25 percent of those give up their resolutions by the second week in January. The top New Year's resolutions include losing weight, eating healthier, exercising more, quitting smoking, sticking to a budget, saving money, getting more organized, finding a better job, and being a better person.
5. Not all celebrations end happily. More vehicles are stolen on New Year's Day than any other holiday according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
So for New Year’s Eve 2015, remember to not drive and drive, and to have plenty of fun. For more information, check out MarketResearch.com’s official website.
For more Features & Advice News
More by Donald Wood
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports