Five Reasons to Love Canto del Sol
PHOTO: Paradise by the sea. (Courtesy Canto del Sol Plaza Vallarta)
The all-inclusive, luxury Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta, Beach and Tennis Resort may not be the only reason to visit Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, but it's certainly among the top.
Ideal for couples, families and even business travelers the resort offers sophisticated accommodations and a plethora of exciting activities all set against the natural beauty of Banderas Bay. Not convinced? Here are five reasons even the worldliest traveler will fall in love with Canto del Sol.
1) Location, Location, Location. Located in one of Mexico's most popular vacation destinations, guests of the Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta, Beach and Tennis Resort have more than enough to keep them busy both on and off property. Puerto Vallarta combines stunning landscape with Old World Charm. Here, visitors can meander down Colonial cobblestone streets or discover the newly renovated Malecon, a pedestrian-only, seaside boardwalk boasting top restaurants, art galleries and shops, all set against the stunning Pacific Ocean.
2) Tennis, Anyone? Not surprisingly, the Canto Del Sol is well-known for its tennis club, considered by many to be the best in Puerto Vallarta. No matter your preference, Canto del Sol has it: outdoor clay courts lit for night games and four indoor hard courts. For those whose serve might be a bit ... rusty, Canto del Sol offers lessons and tennis clinics. And best of all, guests can take advantage of an hour of free play as part of their all-inclusive package.
SEE MORE: Luxury in Puerto Vallarta
3) Rooms with a View. With 285 well-appointed rooms and suites, all recently refurbished, there's literally not a bad room in the house. Each room is outfitted with bright and stylish decor and features either a view of the resort pool or garden. For families or friends traveling as a group there's the sumptuous 3-bedroom, 3-bath penthouse suite. With an ocean view to die for, this 2-story suite can comfortably sleep six people. And, with a sweeping terrace and jacuzzi, guests will be hard-pressed to venture far from their little slice of paradise.
4) Tee Time. Puerto Vallarta's stunning scenery serves as the backdrop to three of Mexico's top golf courses. Ask Canto del Sol's team about which course is best for you -- the Marina Vallarta Club de Golf, an 18-hole course designed by Joe Finger; or the Vista Vallarta Club de Golf, which offers two 18-hole championship courses designed by golf legends Jack Nicklaus and Tom Weiskopf.
5) World-Class Dining. After a day on the links, a relaxing gourmet meal is just the thing. The Canto del Sol is passionate about using nothing but the freshest ingredients, ensuring that each meal is memorable. Guests can sample international cuisine at the casual Los Cantaros buffet-style restaurant, or delve into the authentic flavors of Mexico at the Santa Maria Grill. Venezzia is the place to be to enjoy some of the best in northern Italian cuisine and during the winter months, the Surf & Turf restaurant fits the bill. And, don't forget a host of snack bars, bars and lounges for a little something, day or night.
More by Kristina Rundquist
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports