Photo courtesy of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
WHY IT RATES: Velas is targeting its complement of guests who are devoted to fitness with this weeklong celebration of all thing wellness-related — and are also proving that vegan dishes can be irresistibly tasty. - Michael Isenbek, TravelPulse Senior Editor
The "Beyond All-Inclusive, Beyond All Compare" Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit introduced its first annual multigenerational Wellness Week inclusive of top chefs, vegan menus, culinary workshops, fitness activities, and spa offerings from October 24-30, 2016. Prominent Mexican vegan chef Miguel Bautista and award-winning soulful vegan author Ellen Kanner are facilitating a myriad of health and wellness experiences — from vegan tastings, workshops on health and sensuality, and cooking and juicing classes, where guests learn to make healthy yet indulgent dishes.
Kanner is guiding guests through the process of making several original recipes, including Mexican Chocolate Love Bites, a delicious raw treat with Mexican chocolate, low notes of cinnamon, almonds and vanilla, with a pinch of cayenne to add a spicy kick.
Mexican Chocolate Love Bites (Yield: 2 dozen)
• 1 C raw almonds
• 1 C Medjool dates, pitted
• 3 tbsp Dutch process cocoa
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• pinch cayenne
• ¼ C cacao nibs
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp fresh brewed coffee
• ½ C powdered sugar for rolling the love bites
• ¼ tsp cinnamon for rolling the love bites
1. Pour the raw almonds into a blender or food processor. Process for a minute, or until nuts are coarsely chopped.
2. Add pitted dates, cinnamon, cocoa, cayenne, cacao nibs, vanilla, and brewed coffee. Process again until everything just comes together as a coarse paste.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Pinch off about a walnut-sized piece of the Mexican chocolate mixture (or use a teaspoon) and roll into a ball. Drop the ball into the powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.
5. Continue with the remaining chocolate.
For reservations or more information, call 1-888-407-4869, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit vallarta.grandvelas.com.
SOURCE: A Velas Resorts press release