New Managing Director Amaury Piedra Leads a New Era for Hawks Cay
Hotel & Resort | May 20, 2015
Photo courtesy of Hawks Cay
Both first-time visitors and loyal repeat guests are sure to be delighted by the all-new Hawks Cay experience, now under the guidance of Managing Director Amaury Piedra. An industry veteran of more than 20 years, Piedra is well-qualified to usher in a new era for this iconic Middle Florida Keys destination.
He comes to the Hawks Cay team following a long tenure with Starwood Hotels & Resorts. For the past decade, he was general manager of the Westin and Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resorts. Prior to that appointment, he served as resort manager for the Westin and Sheraton Our Lucaya Grand Bahama Island and hotel manager for the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. Previous experience includes other general manager and directors of sales and marketing roles from coast to coast.
“The breadth and depth of Amaury’s industry experience, coupled with his first-hand knowledge of the South Florida market, make him the ideal fit for taking the helm,” said Gary Sims, senior vice president of operations. ”We are confident in his abilities to introduce the new Hawks Cay experience to all guests and to those who already call Hawks Cay home: from our villa owners to the fishermen, divers, boaters and water sports aficionados who return to our marina year after year.”
“Hawks Cay has already positioned itself as the Keys’ top destination for outdoor fun in the sun,” said Piedra. “I am eager to lead the resort’s experienced team and take us to the next level. With so many new offerings and even more on the horizon, there couldn’t be a better time to join this world-class destination.”
The timing of Piedra’s appointment is ideal, as Hawks Cay recently carried out a multi-million-dollar renovation. Touching nearly every aspect of the 60-acre island destination, the enhancement project includes all of the following:
• A complete lobby redesign, reflecting a coastal-casual sense of place with refreshingly beautiful hues of the ocean (a 1,300-gallon lobby aquarium will be installed this summer).
• A new adults-only area, The Oasis, featuring an expanded Tranquility Pool and five private pool cabanas.
• The addition of two all-new luxury penthouses and 16 family suites.
• Fully renovated and expanded meeting facilities encompassing 20,000 square feet and accommodating groups of up to 600 people, making Hawks Cay the largest conference venue in the Florida Keys.
• Refreshed Calm Waters Spa and relaxation lounge
• Fully updated activities center for all ages, Coral Cay, with a high-tech hangout for teens, a Pirate Ship Pool and Splash Zone and an expanded educational program, including an indoor saltwater touch tank.
• New landscape architecture and sense of arrival (to be completed this summer).
The final showpiece in the new Hawks Cay experience, the highly anticipated Marina Walk, will debut later this year. Home to watersports and charter captains as well as shopping, local artisans, and live entertainment, the Marina Walk will bring island culture and an authentic Florida Keys experience to guests’ fingertips. The project will include a new-build restaurant, Angler and Ale, featuring expansive outdoor seating with multiple fire pits, private dining, and panoramic sea views.
For more information about Hawks Cay Resort, visit hawkscay.com or call (877) 484-9342. Be the first to learn about news and updates by following the resort on social media on Facebook and Google+ at HawksCayResort and on Twitter and Instagram at @HawksCayResort.
SOURCE: Hawks Cay press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports