Oasis Hotels & Resorts Announces 2016 Entertainment Lineup
WHY IT RATES: A luxury destination in the Mexican Caribbean AND this much musical talent? Where’s the sign-up sheet? – Rich Thomaselli, TravelPulse Senior Editor
PHOTO: Oasis Hotels & Resorts is the place to be this winter and spring. (Courtesy Oasis Hotels & Resorts)
Oasis Hotels & Resorts, the leading all- inclusive vacation resort brand in the Mexican Caribbean, is proud to announce dates for its Winter/Spring music festivals, including Dance U, Jazz U, Electro Latin Beat and Country Music Fest.
With line ups encompassing artists from many musical genres, the thrilling beachfront concerts at The Pyramid at Grand Oasis and Grand Oasis Cancun are signature brand events that have solidified Oasis Hotels & Resorts’ place as Cancun’s premiere entertainment-centric resort brand. World-class entertainment combined with Cancun’s top dining venues make for the ultimate vacation experience.
Solidifying its place as the Mexican Caribbean’s best live entertainment resort, Grand Oasis Cancun hosted one of the most talked-about New Year’s celebrations just last month. World-renowned electronic music superstars Empire of the Sun and Steve Angello of Swedish House Mafia took the beachfront stage for nearly nine hours in front of a record audience of more than 9,000 attendees.
READ MORE: Oasis Raises the Culinary Bar
On the heels of this record-breaking event, Oasis Hotels & Resorts has instituted Oasis Dance U, a series of weekend concerts featuring some of the most popular acts in the electronic dance music world. The Dance U roster includes:
* February 13: Funk D is an international DJ best known for creating official remixes for artists such as Akon, Mohombi, Flo Rida and more. In 2015, he launched a collaboration with the Belgian DJ duo, Wolfpack.
* February 20: Jay Hardway is a Dutch DJ, producer and drummer. He is best known for co- writing “Wizard” with Martin Garrix.
* February 27: Sandro Silva is a Dutch born DJ. Silva has performed at some of the world’s most elite hotspots and has toured with such artists as Zedd and David Guetta.
* March 5: Cash Cash is an American electronic dance music group from Roseland, New Jersey. The group has released three full-length albums, an array of EPs, singles, and has provided official remixes for acts such as Krewella, Capital Cities, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars and more.
* March 12: Dannic is a Dutch progressive house DJ and producer who is best known for his collaborations with Hardwell, Dyro, Sick Individuals and more. Dannic is currently ranked as the number 26 DJ in the world by DJ Mag.
* March 26: Bosstich+Fussible presented by the Nortec Collective, this unique duo performs an eclectic fusion of electronic pop with a live band sound.
SEE MORE: The Pyramid at Grand Oasis
Oasis Hotels & Resorts is also proud to announce the performers for annual Oasis Jazz U Festival taking place in the Spring of 2016. The festival will feature a unique line-up of artists in May, including:
* May 21: Los Músicós de Jose, a Mexican funk band known for their unique and lively beats.
* May 21: Tower of Power is an American R&B horn section and band from Oakland, California known for the funky soul sound.
* May 28: Fiusha is a rock/funk/jazz band from Mexico City. They are best known for their flawless live shows and improvised solos.
* May 28: Chaka Khan is a Grammy Award-winning recording artist whose career has spanned four decades.
In addition, Oasis will host its second annual Electro Latin Beat Fest in the Spring of 2016. Formal dates and the artist line-up will be announced soon. Previous performers have included Puerto Rican reggaeton duos Zion & Lennox and Jowel & Randy, Panamanian producer and artist Chombo, Cancun resident and house artist, Dave Quireza, DJ and former Pitbull tourmate, Syphe, and Candy Boy, the official DJ for Daddy Yankee.
In addition, Grand Oasis Cancun will also welcome a brand new entertainment experience, Havana Night Club, which evokes the famous nightclubs found in Havana Cuba during its heyday. There, guests can enjoy an authentic Cuban tobacco at Havana Club’s Cigar Bar.
“Vacation experiences should be just as much about relaxation as about discovery, and these music festivals are a great way to bring together people from all over the world where they can communicate and partake through music,” said Enrique Klein, vice president of sales and marketing for Oasis Hotels & Resorts.
The Pyramid at Grand Oasis and Grand Oasis Cancun, are the true “fun properties” of the Oasis Hotels & Resort brand, and offer the ultimate in entertainment activities paired with a lively atmosphere. Grand Oasis Cancun is home to exciting entertainment venues such as Kinky Night Club, Coyote Loco, the Oasis Arena and the Oasis Beach Club.
By merging world-class talents with luxurious hospitality, these properties enhance the guest resort experience. Shifting the idea of all-inclusive stays, Oasis Hotels & Resorts regularly entertains with singers, clowns, acrobats, rollerbladers, a beach-club DJ and much more. This premier entertainment venue has housed world-renowned artists such as the legendary Kool & the Gang, Grammy award-winning Janelle Monàe, and Grammy nominated Melanie Fiona throughout the years.
For complete schedules, ticket pricing and booking information contact Oasis Hotels & Resorts, 1-800-446-2747 or www.oasishotels.com
SOURCE: Oasis Hotels press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports