Sonesta Ocean Point Announces Exclusive Gastronomic ‘Chefs Night’ Package
WHY IT RATES: Some people travel just for the culinary experience alone. “Foodies” will love this event. – Rich Thomaselli, TravelPulse Senior Editor
PHOTO: Azul, one of the restaurants at the Sonesta Ocean Point, is jaw-dropping as it is built on a cliff and partially juts out over Maho Bay. (Courtesy Sonesta Ocean Point Resort)
Set on the most spectacular location on the westernmost point of St. Maarten, the all-inclusive, adults-only Sonesta Ocean Point Resort is hosting A Chefs Night, a prestigious culinary event founded by Swedish Chef Görgen Tidén and will be the first of its kind held in North America.
A package is being offered in conjunction with this exclusive series of culinary events including dinners designed by a team of acclaimed visiting Swedish Chefs, shopping excursions, cooking classes and more.
SEE MORE: Sonesta Ocean Point Resort
A Chefs Night was born of the notion that a gastronomic experience should be shared and enjoyed amongst family and friends. After a successful event in Sweden last year, Sonesta Ocean Point is bringing the Chefs Night concept to its tropical shores from May 24-26, 2016.
Sonesta Ocean Point will offer A Chefs Night package with exclusive culinary themed events and amenities including:
- Dinner on May 24 and 26 showcasing the chef’s Scandinavian-French-Caribbean fusion culinary creations taking place at the resort’s premier restaurant Azul, that sits atop a cliff overlooking Maho Bay boasting sweeping views. St. Maarten-based Mix Italia will sponsor and provide a selection of Italian wines for the dinners.
- Accommodations in a Junior Suite or higher room categories available upon request
- Mingle with the Chefs pre-dinner receptions hosted at Ocean Point’s rooftop Sunset Lounge & Bar, perfect for cocktails and a chance to get to know the guest chefs
- A shopping tour with the chefs including an excursion to local St. Maarten markets to pick up fresh ingredients to be used in the evenings’ dinners.
- Chefs Cooking Class to learn how to master culinary techniques in a small, intimate group, followed by a lunch of guests’ own creations.
Rates for the package will be starting at $235 per person, per night based on double occupancy.
Reservations can be made online at www.sonesta.com/oceanpoint using group code 2697 or by calling 721/545-3100 and quoting booking code 2697 or “Chefs Night.”
SOURCE: Sonesta Ocean Point Resort St. Maarten press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship