Airlines & Airports
The Acclaimed ‘Chefs Night’ Returns to Sonesta Ocean Point
Photo courtesy of Sonesta St. Maarten
WHY IT RATES: This event is a must for foodie travelers. Not only do guests taste the top-shelf cuisine, but they also go ingredients shopping with the chefs, mingle with them at a special event, and a lot more. -Michael Isenbek, TravelPulse Senior Editor
Once again, the all-inclusive, adults-only Sonesta Ocean Point Resort will play host to Chefs Night, a prestigious culinary event founded by Chef Gorgen Tiden highlighting the expertise and creativity of a team of award-winning Swedish Chefs.
The three-day event and corresponding accommodation package will feature gourmet dinners designed by the visiting chefs, shopping excursions for fresh local ingredients, pre-dinner cocktails and more.
Chefs Night was born of the notion that a gastronomic experience should be shared and enjoyed among family and friends. After a successful event earlier this year, Sonesta Ocean Point is elevating the all-inclusive experience even further, bringing back the Chefs Night concept, set on the most spectacular location on the westernmost point of St. Maarten and taking place Oct. 26-28, 2016.
Apart from the standard all-inclusive amenities the resort offers, this 40 percent off rates special promotion includes the following, along with participation in the ‘Chefs Night’ events:
• Accommodations in Junior Suite or higher category.
• Early morning Chefs’ shopping excursions to local St. Maarten markets to pick up fresh ingredients for the evenings’ dinners with a stop at a chocolate factory and lunch at Chez Yvette.
• “Mingle with the Chefs” exclusive cocktail event at the rooftop Sunset Lounge.
• Two dinner events at the resort’s Azul Restaurant, showcasing the Chefs’ Scandinavian-French-Caribbean fusion culinary creations.
Participating Chefs include the following and an additional guest chef to be announced:
• Gorgen Tiden, the founder of Chefs Night, has worked around the globe from Corfu to Nice, collaborating with Michelin-starred chefs such as Alain Llorca before settling back into his homeland of Sweden, where he runs his namesake Restaurant Gorgen in Dalarna.
• Fredrik Borgskog, a pastry chef, has placed in numerous culinary competitions such as the Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie and the Nordic Pastry Cup. His tenure at the Grand Hotel under Mathias Dahlgren, who won the Bocuse d’Or in 1997, prepared him for opening his own bistro and pastry shop in partnership with his two brothers.
• Christophe Buchet got his start at Eriks i Gamla Stan in Stockholm and Le Chevalet in Versailles, France after attending Stockholm Restaurant School. Since then, he’s cooked at no fewer than five Michelin-starred restaurants and is currently a chef at Sannas in Stockholm.
• Jurgen Grossmann’s career has spanned many acclaimed restaurants, including Sweitzer Stuben, (a two Michelin star) as Chef de Cuisine. He also opened his own restaurants, the one Michelin-starred L'Escargot and Gasslingen. Noteworthy accolades include winning the National Course of the Year in Sweden, and he is an Honorary Member of Chaine des Rotisseurs in Stockholm.
The package is available Oct. 20-31, 2016. To receive the discount and participate in the Chefs Night events, a minimum four nights stay through Oct. 29, 2016 is required.
Rates for the package will be starting at $216 per person, per night based on double occupancy. Reservations can be made online at sonesta.com/oceanpoint or by calling 721-545-3100 and using booking code: CHEF.
SOURCE: A Sonesta Resorts press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship