Westgate Ups The Ante On Sports Betting
WHY IT RATES: If you’ve ever been to Las Vegas you know that being in the sportsbook on an NFL Sunday or the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament or the Kentucky Derby is pretty darn cool. Westgate knows that too, which is why it made these improvements to its Superbook. – Rich Thomaselli, TravelPulse Senior Editor
PHOTO: The renovated Superbook at the Westgate (Courtesy Westgate Resorts)
Themed destination resort developer Westgate Resorts has teamed with rp Visual Solutions and Christie to build what the companies say is “the world’s largest LED Video wall” inside the Westgate Superbook at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino, according to an announcement from Christie.
Working with HB Communications, rpV and Christie created an enormous curved array measuring 20 feet tall and 220 feet wide and comprising 1,640 2.5-millimeter Christie Velvet LED tiles and boasting more than 65 million pixels.
READ MORE: How The Westgate Is Being Reborn
The video wall spans the length of the world’s largest sports book in an effort to create a stadium-like experience in which every seat in the newly renovated Westgate Superbook is a “front-row” experience.
Along with the construction of the screen, the Westgate Superbook includes more than 300 relaxation lounger chairs and a 100-foot-long curved bar that conforms to the shape of the screen.
“This is a game-changer for our property and a game-changer for the industry,” Westgate COO Mark Waltrip said in an article on Covers.com. “We’re going to set a very high bar for what a sportsbook should look and feel like.”
READ MORE: Elvis Experience Returns to Westgate
* 4,488 square foot HD video screens – measuring in at 240 feet wide and 20 feet tall, it is the world’s largest indoor LED video wall and the highest resolution screens in Las Vegas for the ultimate viewing experience.
* 19 wagering windows
* Newly-constructed private booths available for parties and corporate get-togethers.
* All-new, fully-stocked bar to go along with cocktail service and convenient food options at the SuperBook® Deli.
* Interactive Player Terminals wagering - Players have the convenience of betting from their own seats, as well as access to track pools and even video replays of past races.
* Expanded betting menu, including “Over/Under Season Wins,” “Games of the Year,” “To Win a Golf Major,” “Props,” extensive first and second half wagering and more. “In-progress” wagering on marquee games and wagering on soccer leagues from around the world are also available.
* Players who relish the races can enjoy them on 32” LED touch screens, with power outlets and USB ports available at each individual seat. Qualified race players can also enjoy the upgraded VIP section.
* The Ultimate Fan Cave, where sports fans can enjoy their favorite events in a custom-built room that would fulfill any sports fans’ fantasy. The Ultimate Fan Cave is a smoke-free environment offering three giant 120” HD screens with the capability of showing 12 HD events simultaneously.
“To say it’s large is a giant understatement,” said Randy Pagnan, owner and principal at rpV. “When we were approached by HB Communications to fabricate this mounting structure for this project, we began the process of how to architecturally integrate this large, curved video wall structure into a reality. After designing came the task of how to install and deploy this configuration on-site. Partnering with HB and Christie to design this project is a huge honor. We knew that we had to exceed their expectations as well as Westgate’s to make this one-of-a kind fan experience a huge success.”
For more information or to book accommodations, call toll free at (800) 732-7117 or log on to WestgateVegas.com.
SOURCE: Westgate press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports
Features & Advice
Destination & Tourism