Beyond Valentine’s Day: Avanti’s Romance Options In Europe, Asia And South America
WHY IT RATES: You don’t know how many truly wonderful, romantic escapes exist all over the world outside of the obvious. But Avanti knows. And you’ll be surprised at the romance you can find in places not named Rome and Paris. – Rich Thomaselli, TravelPulse Senior Editor
Romance happens in the unlikeliest places. Tour operator Avanti Destinations reports strong romance travel growth in less conventional destinations, such as Iceland, Hungary, Argentina and Peru. Avanti offers customized FIT vacations in Europe, Central and South America and now Asia, sold exclusively through travel agents.
“While classically romantic destinations, such as Italy and France, remain our top sellers for honeymoon, anniversary and other romance-related vacations, last year we had 50-300 percent growth in romance travel to Argentina, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, Iceland, and Peru,” said Harry Dalgaard, Avanti’s president and founder. “The possibilities for romantic travel are as diverse as the two people who share the experience. More seasoned travelers in particular are always looking for something new and different to share. Avanti is unique in our ability to help agents create seamless, customized multi-destination itineraries that perfectly match the desires of each couple.”
Overall, Avanti’s bookings for romance travel in 2015 compared to the previous year grew 12 percent in Europe and over 130 percent in South America. In November 2015, the tour operator announced privately guided independent travel to six countries in Asia, opening the door for romance travel in China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
Avanti’s modular itineraries are designed to be combined and customized. Examples of unusual (and classic) romantic itineraries and concepts:
* Argentina – Wine, tango and 275 spectacular waterfalls makes the country a natural for lovers. Argentina Short & Sweet (6 days/5 nights, starting at $2,425* per person, double occupancy) combines exciting Buenos Aires with primeval Iguazu Falls. Add on a detour to Mendoza wine country to sample the famed Malbec, Cabernet, and other varietals.
* Chile or Peru soft adventure – Adventure-seeking couples have been booking a strenuous hike on Peru’s Inca Trail to Machu Picchu or among the Torres del Paine in Chile’s Patagonia. Both destinations offer romantic boutique accommodations and can be paired with city stays in Lima, Santiago or other natural and historical wonders in both countries.
READ MORE: Avanti’s Second Coming
* Best of Czech Republic – 6 days/5 nights combining Prague, Holasovice and Cesky Krumlov, a picture-perfect medieval town straight out of a fairytale. Includes private ground transfers, private driver for 2 days. Starting at $1189 per person.
* Iceland & Paris – Fly Icelandic to the City of Love and stop on the way to see the Northern Lights (Sept-April) and soak in the geothermal Blue Lagoon.
* Romantic Phuket (Thailand) – 4 days/3 nights sharing secluded white sand beaches on a tropical island, including private airport transfers, snorkeling by long-tail boat, one dinner, flowers and wine or champagne, starting at $799 per person. Add this to a privately-guided vacation of Thailand’s other sights.
* Santorini for Honeymooners (Greece) – 4 days/3 nights at this perennial romance favorite, starting at $639 per person. Add this to Avanti’s 8 day/7 night Classical Greece itinerary, taking in Athens, Nafplion, Olympia & Delphi.
Roundtrip air from and to North America may be added to any Avanti vacation.
PRICING NOTE: Rates quoted are per person based on double occupancy and subject to change, based on availability. For up-to-date prices and additional specifics, visit www.avantidestinations.com. Breakfast is included at most European hotels. Roundtrip air from North America may be added to any itinerary.
SOURCE: Avanti press release
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship