PHOTO: G Adventures Expedition Ship in the Arctic (Photo courtesy of G Adventures)
WHY IT RATES: Through the end of March, G-Adventures has fantastic rates for several incredible cruise journeys. - Eric Bowman, TravelPulse Senior Editor
Leading small-group adventure tour and cruise operator G Adventures is extending its traditional ‘wave season’ discounts throughout the month of March, marking down trips from 10 to 30 percent for travel in spring, summer and fall, depending on departure.
Itineraries included in this ‘second wave’ season give adventure cruisers the chance to sail catamarans in European seas, island hop through the Galapagos by yacht, explore the icy wonders of the polar regions, and leisurely discover iconic rivers of the world, while experiencing local customs, communities and foods.
G Adventures’ extended wave season deals aim to capitalize on the steady rise in interest of cruise adventures among Gen X and Millennial travelers, and showcase the variety of Marine experiences the 27-year-old tour operator offers to vacationers of all ages. These younger passengers, dubbed the “Cruise Generation” by Cruise Lines International Association in its recent Cruise Travel Report, tend to be more diverse in their ethnicity, and motivated by destination over cost; trends that signal great potential for small-ship adventure cruising and sailing.
“Between our sailing, yachting, river cruising and expedition tours, travelers now have more than 70 different itineraries to choose from, all led by our highly trained and local Chief Experience Officers,” said Danny Tyrrell, Sales Director for G Adventures in the United States. “That’s more than 70 different ways to unplug, broaden your perspective, make new friends, and see the world from an inspiring vantage point.”
Sailing tours on sale through March for spring & summer 2017 travel include:
• Montenegro Sailing, 8 days, select departures now 20 percent off (exclusive to G Adventures)
• Sailing Greece - Mykonos to Santorini: 8 days, select departures now 20 percent off
• Sailing Croatia - Dubrovnik to Split, 8 days, select departures now 20-25 percent off
• Sailing Greece – Santorini to Athens, 15 days, select departures now 20 percent off
Galapagos Yacht Tours on sale in March for spring & summer 2017 travel include:
• Galapagos Land + Sea, Central & East Islands, aboard the 20-passenger Monserrat, 7 days, from 15 percent off
• Galapagos Land + Sea, North & Central Islands, aboard the 16-passenger Estrella del Mar, 7 days, 15 percent off
• Galapagos South & East Islands, aboard the 16-passenger Yolita, 7 days, from 15 percent off
• Galapagos North + Central Islands, aboard the 16-passenger Queen of Galapagos, 10 days, 15 percent off
River Cruises on sale in March for spring, summer and fall travel in 2017 include:
• Explore North India & the Ganges, aboard the 24-passenger Varuna riverboat, 16 days, now 30-40 percent off
• Ganges River Adventure, aboard the 24-passenger Varuna riverboat, 8 days, now 30 percent off
• Mekong River Experience, aboard the 28-passenger Toum Tiou II riverboat, 8 days, from 15-30 percent off
• Burgundy River Adventure, aboard the 22-passenger Daniele riverboat, 8 days, from 15-30 percent off
• Amazon River in Depth, aboard the 30-passenger Amatista riverboat, 9 days, from 15-30 percent off
Arctic and Norway expeditions on sale in March for spring & summer 2017 travel include:
• Cruise the Norwegian Fjords, aboard the G Expedition, 8 days, select departures 15 percent off
• Scottish Islands & Norwegian Fjords, aboard the G Expedition, 14 days, select departures now 15 percent off
• Realm of the Polar Bear, aboard the G Expedition, 8 days, select departures now 10 percent off
• Realm of the Polar Bear In Depth, aboard the G Expedition, 11 days, now 10-15 percent off
Smaller by design, the 134-passenger G Expedition ship can get in and out of ports that larger ships cannot, providing an intimate polar cruising experience that offers the feel of a home away from home. It was completely refurbished in 2009 and boasts climate control, private en-suite facilities, and spacious cabins with ocean-facing windows or portholes. It also has a library, a lounge, a pub, a computer room, a fleet of Zodiacs, panoramic observation decks, and a passenger-to-crew ratio of about 10-to-1.
For more information or to book, ask your local travel agent for expert assistance, or call: 1-888-800-4100, and visit: gadventures.com/travel-deals.
SOURCE: A G Adventures press release.