Go Ahead Tours Doubles Selection of North American Tours
PHOTO: The Grand Canyon, one of many sights to see in North America. (Courtesy of Thinkstock)
The more sophisticated international travelers become, the more they inevitably must realize the richness of North America as a travel destination.
Go Ahead Tours of Cambridge, Mass., unveiled 10 new tours in North America, effectively doubling it offerings in the region. The company says it has seen a steady building of interest in North American tours over the last several years.
The growing interest in North American destinations parallels a growing interest in the natural environment.
Kevin Amante, the company’s director of North American operations, says the interest is especially strong in National Parks and fall foliage.
The release of the new U.S.-based tours also anticipates the 100-year anniversary of the founding of the National Parks in the U.S.
An increasing interest of travelers in exploring cultures abroad inevitably leads to the discovery of the great cultural melting pot back home in North America.
“There’s a growing desire among travelers to explore the wonders of their own backyards,” said Amante, “and delve into the wide mixture of culture, history and stunning natural beauty here at home.”
The new selection of tours also reflects a growing interest in cuisine and wine with a food and wine tour of California’s wine region.
The new slate of tours includes the following:
• Eastern U.S. and Canada
• Canadian Maritimes: Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island
• Ontario and Quebec: Toronto to Montreal
• Boston, New York and Washington D.C.
• The American South: New Orleans to Nashville
• Western U.S. and Canada
• The American Southwest: The Grand Canyon to Zion
• National Parks: Canadian Rockies, Glacier and Yellowstone
• Pacific Northwest: Oregon and Washington
• Food and Wine: San Francisco and California Wine Country
• Grand Tour of California: San Francisco to Los Angeles
• Hawaii: Oahu, The Big Island and Maui
More by David Cogswell
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions