PHOTO: Willie Montano, Vice President of Marketing, Insight Vacations (Photo courtesy of Willie Montano, Insight Vacations)
WHY IT RATES: Willie Montano joins Insight Vacations to lead all marketing efforts. - Eric Bowman, TravelPulse Senior Editor
Insight Vacations is pleased to welcome Willie Montano as the new Vice President of Marketing. Montano will lead all marketing efforts for the Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold brands in the United States. He will work at the company’s office in Rye, NY and report to Phil Cappelli, the president.
“We are excited to have Willie join Insight,” Cappelli said. “He brings strong marketing experience and incredible enthusiasm to the position. He is also a great fit with our team. Willie understands the importance of our travel agency partner relationships and I look forward to watching him take our marketing to the next level.”
Montano comes to Insight with over 10 years of experience in marketing, sales and public relations. Before joining us he served as the Vice President of Marketing at CIE Tours, one of the top 50 niche tour operators in North America. At CIE he created the first well-categorized advertising budget, introduced social media, forged relationships with tourist boards such as VisitBritain and Visit Wales, and successfully developed sales in emerging markets such as Canada and Australia. Montano has a reputation in the industry as a progressive problem solver, a tactful negotiator, and a calm leader always ready to embrace change and the future.
“This new position has great responsibilities,” said Montano. “It offers a grand opportunity to continue to demonstrate my marketing abilities and my passion to inspire people to travel.”
Some of his other professional accomplishments include:
• Awarded “Rising Star of the US Travel Industry” in 2012 and 2013 by Travel Agent magazine
• Member of the Advisory Membership Committee of USTOA from 2014-2016
• Past president of the Hispanic-American Chamber of Commerce in Morris County, NJ • Earned a mini-MBA in Digital Marketing at Rutgers Business School in 2016
• Has been featured in numerous national print publications as a respected tourism industry voice
• Participated in two legislative caucuses in Washington, D.C. as a tourism industry representative
• Hosted the business section of the TV show “Mi Casa es Su Casa” for two years, holding interviews weekly with community leaders and business personalities
Montano, who is bilingual in English and Spanish, lives with his 12-year-old son Mateo in Morris Plains, NJ. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: An Insight Vacations press release.