Destination & Tourism
Need a Holiday Getaway? Pleasant Holidays Has You Covered.
As if travelers need more incentive to visit sunny destinations where the days are longer and nights are warmer, Pleasant Holidays and its Journese luxury brand have just made winter travel more affordable as well.
In its most recent promotion announced last week, those jonesing for a getaway can enjoy savings on flights booked by Dec. 4, 2016 in American Airlines Business Class for travel through Dec. 15, 2017.
Savings on American’s Business Class fares vary per destination and travel dates:
- Up to 45 percent savings to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and The Caribbean for travel between Jan. 10-Feb. 15, 2017
- Up to 30 percent savings to all Pleasant and Journese destinations
As one of the largest U.S.-based tour operators, Pleasant Holidays packages accommodations, flights, car rentals, cruises, travel protection and other related travel services to 23 islands and more than 270 resorts in The Caribbean’s most coveted destinations.
As the company’s luxury brand, Journese provides travel advisors and vacationers with superior boutique service, upscale activities and private transportation. Fully customized four- and five-star journeys tack onto Pleasant’s staple destinations with adventures to Australia, Canada, Central America, Cook Islands, Europe, Fiji, New Zealand, Tahiti and the United Arab Emirates.
Mexico’s stellar getaways hit Cancun, Cozumel, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Maya. The Hawaiian Islands say “aloha” with nearly 200 properties on Kauai, Maui, Oahu and the Island of Hawaii.
Saying “Hola” to Mexico
This winter, Pleasant features a flurry of alluring Mexico promotions, including the new Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort that’s set to open on Nov. 30. Surrounded by peaceful beaches along the Caribbean Sea, this Dreams’ Unlimited-Luxury resort features 65,000 square feet of swimming pools, an on-site water park and complimentary greens fees at the adjacent Playa Mujeres Golf Course.
Accommodating up to four (three adults max) in 602sf of luxury space, junior suites are decked out with the choice of one king or two queen beds, St. Thomas marble countertops, separate living area with sofa bed and furnished private terrace with Jacuzzi.
Larger parties can plug into connecting rooms upon request or can guarantee the convenience at an additional cost.
A land-only, four-night junior suite stay with all meals, beverages, $200 resort coupon per room, complimentary green fees and taxes is priced from $1,006 USD per person based on double occupancy. This intro rate is valid for departures until Jan. 23, 2017. Complete Pleasant Holidays packages covering air, activities and airport transfers are also available.
Pleasant is spreading even more “South of the Border” sunshine with its Winter Travel Vacation Sale at select properties in its extensive inventory. Perks include reduced rates, added values and “Kids Stay Free” offers for new bookings made by Dec. 4, 2016 for travel through May 31, 2017.
All-inclusive properties featured in the Winter Sale are:
- Cancun – Beach Palace, Paradisus Cancun, Sun Palace (couples only)
- Cozumel – Cozumel Palace, Occidental Cozumel, Secrets Aura Cozumel (adults only)
- Los Cabos – Barceló Gran Faro Los Cabos, Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos, Grand Solmar Land 's End Resort, Grand Velas Los Cabos, Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort (adults only), Villa del Arco Beach Resort and Spa
- Puerto Vallarta – Casa Velas Hotel Boutique (adults only), Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta (adults only), Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Riviera Maya – Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa (adults only), Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, Gran Porto Resort, Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya–Hacienda, Moon Palace Cancun, Occidental at Xcaret Destination, Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Ocean Maya Royale, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Royal Hideaway Playacar (adults only), Sandos Caracol Eco Resort, Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
- Riviera Nayarit – Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa (all-inclusive option)
Varying per resort, Great Value offers may require a minimum night stay and round trip airfare. Packages must be booked 31 days or more prior to arrival, with blackout dates applying from Dec. 24, 2016-Jan. 1, 2017 and March 5-31, 2017.
Hawaii’s Hot Tickets
In Hawaii, Pleasant’s Your Royal Experience package is available at the Royal Lahaina Resort on Maui from $941. Visitors can elevate their vacation experience with five-night accommodations in an ocean view room, daily American breakfast buffet at Royal Ocean Terrace, Myths of Maui Luau dinner and show (one evening) and a sunset dinner cruise.
Based on double occupancy and valid for new bookings for select travel between Feb. 26-Dec. 20, 2017, the per-person, land-only rate also covers taxes.
On Oahu, the new Hampton Inn & Suites in Kapolei offers a refreshing escape from Waikiki within the Leeward Coast’s Ka Makana Alii area, and minutes from Ko Olina Resort and Pearl Harbor. Priced from $363 per person and based on double occupancy, Pleasant’s three-night land-only package covers daily breakfast, self-parking and Wi-Fi.
As a bonus, Pleasant’s pair of Hawaii packages allows kids 17 and younger to stay for free in the guest room with their parents. These rates do not cover any applicable daily resort or facility fees that will be payable directly to the hotel operator at checkout. To avoid surprises, Pleasant will advise of such fees at the time of booking.
To elevate the bottom line, travel professionals should recommend that their clients let them book select activities prior to their trip at PleasantActivities.com.
For those traveling in “bulk,” agents have access to Group Bookings at (800) 542-9244 or Destination Weddings bookings at (800) 818-9080.
More by Dawna L. Robertson
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports