Airlines & Airports
Shore Excursions Made Easy in the Big Easy
PHOTO: Arguably, one of the most famous streets in the world.
While it may be too late to book excursions and tours for your clients heading to Mardi Gras, festival season in New Orleans is just beginning – although some might say it never ends – and there's no better source for innovative and unique shore excursions, city tours and adventures than ShoreTrips.
With 13-day tours and excursions from which to choose, visitors to New Orleans can make the most of their time in the Big Easy, including:
- Private French Quarter and Cemetery Tour. Led by guides with a passionate love of the city, this is not your normal NOLA walking tour.
- Tour the Big Easy in a Small Way: Tour New Orleans as it was before Katrina; the City and Estate Tour!
- New Orleans and Katrina: Combine traditional NOLA with the highlights of Hurricane Katrina's story on this tour.
- Visit Laura Plantation and Oak Alley. This half-day tour replicates the Grand Mélange without getting on the water.
SEE MORE: See What ShoreTrips Has To Offer
- Grand Mélange of the South with Airboat Tour: In-depth Southern experience including culture, food and time on the water.
- Grand Mélange of Southern Culture with Bayou Boat Tour: Tour, touch, and taste a piece of the ol' south as you visit the famous River Road plantations.
- New Orleans Antiquing with a Pro: You'll be taken to the best antique spots in the city courtesy of an expert guide who will help you sniff out great buys.
- Private Hands-on Cooking Class: Take a class at one of the city's most highly rated cooking schools, and have the chance to prep and cook a complete meal with an expert chef.
- Private Shopping Tour Tailored to Your Needs. You'll be given a private tour of the best shopping stops that meet your interests.
- Cajun Airboat Tour: Fly through Cajun country in an airboat while learning all about alligator hunting and life on the bayou.
- Cajun Bayou Tour: Enjoy a scenic drive through Cajun Country before floating down the winding bayous.
- Louisiana's Very Best Swamp Tour: You will see and feel the swamp as it envelops you on this tour.
- Plantation and Airboat Combo: Experience a high-speed ride onboard an airboat, and visit an old plantation home.
READ MORE: Family Travel When The Family Is All Adults
Founded in 2001 by Julie and Barry Karp, two former travel agents, the Glendale, Wis.-based company made a name for itself creating intimate and unique port experiences for cruise passengers and providing a refreshing and less costly alternative to the standard fare offered by the cruise lines.
As their business expanded so did their offerings, and today they provide thousands of excursions and activities in 420 cruise ship ports-of-call and 180 cities worldwide. Each excursion is personally vetted by the Karps, and tour operators are hand selected based on their attention to detail, ability to meet a high standard of quality and their close relationship with other local businesses and harbor masters.
And, Shore Trips offers excursion coordinators on call 24/7, providing agents with round-the-clock support in the event of last minute itinerary changes or client request.
More by Kristina Rundquist
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship