PHOTO: Cinderella's Castle, Magic Kingdom, Disney World. (Photo via Flickr/Richard Stephenson)
Walt Disney World is one of those places that are so packed with cool surprises, you never run out of great finds. Even people who have been there multiple times still manage to discover new and interesting things to do each time they visit. If you need a little inspiration, here are a few ideas:
1. Watch a movie—while you fuel up on tasty food. Multitask in a fun—and filling—way when you catch a flick at one of the “Dine-In” theaters launched a few years ago by AMC Theater at Disney Springs. Enjoy restaurant dining delivered via seat-side service.
2. Hit the dusty trail. Aspiring cowboys and pioneers will love Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, where you can imagine life in the Wild West. Embark on a horseback trail ride or just take a leisurely ride in a wagon.
3. Roast marshmallows under the stars. Be part of an old-fashioned campfire cookout at Fort Wilderness, where they host a movie and singalong every night. Chip and Dale will regale you with campfire favorites to kick off the fun.
4. Send a coconut care package. Forget the boring postcard—mail someone a coconut. You can ship this unique souvenir from gift shops in various park locations, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Caribbean Beach Resort, and the Polynesian.
5. Play a round of mini golf. For a great way to unwind and enjoy some quiet family fun, play a round at one of the two mini golf courses.
6. Get a bird’s eye view of the parks. Enjoy a unique vantage point from which to take in the sights of Disney. Hop on a hot air balloon ride offered at the Characters in Flight area, located in Disney Springs' Village Lake.
READ MORE: 7 Must-See Shows In Las Vegas
7. Have a sweet time watching the fireworks. The nightly fireworks show is a great delight all on its own, but there’s a way to take it to the next level in a delicious manner. Indulge in the treats and drinks offered at the Fireworks Dessert Party held at Tomorrowland Terrace.
8. Go scuba diving. Who says your Disney experience is limited to the areas on land? Explore an underwater adventure when you head to DiveQuest in Epcot. Dive inside a huge saltwater tank where you can mingle with thousands of exotic sea creatures.
American Airlines Vacations has a terrific way for you to save money while on your Disney adventure. They’re running a special promotion where you can save up to 25 percent on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights, when you book by March 30, 2017, and travel through June 10, 2017.