Let Travel Impressions Set Up a Staycation For You
PHOTO: Travel Impressions will take you around the world and keep you close to home with a U.S. Staycation, like in Las Vegasa. (Courtesy Thinkstock)
When it comes to getting away, it doesn’t have to mean exploring another country. A staycation can be a great vacation and Travel Impressions offers a variety of options to explore the states.
Here are a few we like.
- It might be called the last frontier, but Alaska is one of the best places to sightsee. Visit the Alaska National Parks with a one week tour that features stops in Anchorage and Denali National Park, Seward and Talkeetna. In Anchorage, highlights of the historic downtown district include the Anchorage Museum. Tour the Kenai Fjords National Park, where you can watch seals, sea lions, sea otters, whales, walrus, bears, eagles, and puffins.
Also on the list of Alaska stops is Talkeetna, which began as a trading post when gold was first discovered in the Susitna River, and Denali National Park, where visitors peek at Mt. McKinley and search for bear, moose, caribou, and Dall sheep.
The Grand Alaska Land or Cruise Alignment Tour features Anchorage, as well as Valdez, Fairbanks and Denali National Park. Stops include Matanuska Susitna Valley -- where monster size vegetables grow, Worthington Glacier, and Valdez (known as Alaska's Little Switzerland), Prince William Sound, Columbia Glacier, Wrangell - St. Elias National Park, and the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.
- Head down south to Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tuscon, Arizona and take in 18 holes at one of the golf courses in Scottsdale, or try your luck at Casino Arizona. In Tuscon, you can tour The Santa Catalina Mountains and its 150 miles of scenic hiking trails, Sabino Canyon, and Catalina State Park, where you can see some of the best views of the canyons and peaks.
- Remember, what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas, but you’ll want to tell everyone what you saw on this trip, especially the Hoover Dam, shows, casinos and more. Travel to Reno for a more laid back vacation and visit the snowcapped Sierra Nevada Mountains along the Truckee River.
- There is a wide variety of Travel Impressions destinations to visit in the Golden State, including Orange County, Monterey, Sonoma and the very popular Napa Valley.
- Families love Florida, especially with such popular attractions as Sea World, Legoland, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios. Travel Impressions works with resorts and hotels throughout the state, including Key West, Cocoa Beach, Daytona, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville and Amelia Island, Miami, Fort Myers and Naples, Sarasota and more.
- If you’re interested in visiting the exotic Hawaiian Islands and relaxing in the blue waters, you can tour The Big Island of Kona & Hilo, Kauai, Lanai, Maui, Oahu, and Honolulu/Waikiki. In Hawaii, you can visit Mt. Haleakala, the majestic volcano, surf in any of the islands waters, hike to the crest of the world-famous Diamond Head, explore rainforests and mountains, and of course, visit Pearl Harbor.
SEE MORE: A New Travel Agent Loyalty Program
- If you’d prefer a bit of Creole in your travels, then check out Louisiana, where you can enjoy the jazz clubs in New Orleans, as well as the beauty of Lake Charles and the history of Baton Rouge.
- In the Northeast, you can take in the country’s history in Boston, and visit the Paul Revere House as well as museums, cafes and more. In Washington, DC, you will discover the Library of Congress, and take a good look at the Declaration of Independence at the National Archives. In New York, you can see the Empire State Building, United Nations, Statue of Liberty, the lights of Broadway and, of course, take in a New York Yankees or New York Mets game.
More by Lisa Iannucci
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship
Airlines & Airports