PHOTO: Recycle and help save gorillas! (photo courtesy of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment)
Come have a ball and help save the planet this month.
Busch Gardens of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment will be hosting an Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, April 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and then attendees are encouraged to stay after for the Food and Wine Festival and the concert!
Not only will there be games and prizes for kids, you’ll also get to learn about nature and ways to help protect our Earth.
Per a Busch Gardens blogger, the activities during the day will be:
• Gorilla enrichment in Myombe Reserve at 11 a.m.
• Orangutan Willie’s birthday celebration in Jungala at 12:15 p.m.
• Tiger enrichment in Jungala at 12:30 p.m.
• Lion enrichment in Edge of Africa at 2:15 p.m.
• Elephant enrichment shift at 2:35 p.m.
• Cheetah run and enrichment at 3 p.m.
READ MORE: Where and How to See the Whales at SeaWorld
In addition, you can feed a kangaroo or lorikeet if you bring a cell phone to recycle.
Guests will get the chance to see and learn about how it can help gorillas by doing so.
Furthermore, find out how Busch Gardens is helping give back with special projects such as the Rising Tide Conservation project and the Tampa Bay Watch Oyster Restoration project.
For more information on the Earth Day Celebration, check out the Busch Gardens blog here.