Photo courtesy of Latin Trails
As many people know the Galapagos Islands are natural wonders located in Ecuador, South America. Its unique flora and rare fauna have adapted to the harsh conditions the archipelago has. For this reason, many travelers decide to fly from the other side of the world just to visit Galapagos.
It is common in the tourism industry to sell individual cabins onboard Galapagos Yachts. But, what happens when a client wants to charter a small yacht instead of booking a cabin on a Galapagos Cruise?
The first thought that many agents have is that selling a charter in Galapagos is difficult. Yet, it is not! It is, in fact, easier to market, especially if it’s planned in advance based on the customer’s profile and needs.
That’s why we would like to let you know some of the facts that you may use to market and sell a Charter in Galapagos:
1. Small yachts can be chartered by:
• Family or friends group.
• Incentive groups.
• A group of specific interest to birdwatching, photographers, honeymooners, wedding among other interests.
2. Chartering a cruise in Galapagos allows guests to customize some of the services on board like:
• Having a private party.
• Hiring a child care person for onboard activities.
• Guiding in a specific language like German or French.
• Adaptation of the menu to customer requirements (vegan, vegetarians, kosher etc)
• Small yacht like the Sea Star Journey allows the group to have Al Fresco dinners or meals.
READ MORE: Five Things to do in the Galapagos Islands
3. Itineraries cannot be changed unless the Galapagos National Park Authority approves, it is important to note that chartering does not guarantee an itinerary change.
4. Single supplement fee for solo passengers traveling as a part of the group can be avoided in charters.
5. The commercialization effort is focused on specific dates. The boat can be reserved one year or more in advance, this gives access to early bird rates.
6. Guests get a cheaper per person rate.
Also, some of the facts that can be used as a selling tool with customers are:
1. Small cruises can get into smaller places and islets. It allows passengers to have more enjoyable and natural experiences.
2. The small yacht offers a luxury experience, higher quality of food, personalized service and of course fewer passengers.
3. It’s a more intimate experience for each client.
4. A private yacht offers a more intimate experience with the destination, culture and crew.
5. Smaller 16 passenger yachts are less invasive due to the small-scale operations.
These are just a few of the benefits and facts of chartering a small yacht cruise in Galapagos. The M/Y Galapagos Sea Star Journey, Latin Trails' flagship boutique yacht, is ideal for chartering with only 16 passengers onboard, seven deluxe cabins and one master suite. If you want to know more about this yacht and the benefits of chartering it, do not hesitate to contact us. Our International Sales Department will be pleased to support you with the chartering process from start to finish.