- Supplier Info
- All Suppliers
The Tourist Office for Flanders, Belgium
Flanders is a true treasure in the heart of Europe:
• History: 37 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, medieval cities and towns, WWI Battlefields and memorials, most beautiful squares in the world.
• Fashion: Antwerp is one of the most important fashion design centers in the world.
• Food: Known for the best beer (over 650 brands) and chocolate. World famous cuisine.
• Family Friendly: Such sites as the Atomium, Mini Europe, Oceade, Plopsa, and medieval Bruges.
• Easily Accessible: good air service from US. Small and easy to get around when you arrive. Short distances, excellent rail connections and great highways.
• English Spoken: 90% of Flemings speak fluent English!
• Art: Home to Rubens, van Eyck, Magritte, Ensor, Delvaux, van Dyck, Memling.
• Architecture: From authentic medieval treasures to the birthplace of Art Nouveau, we have it all!
- Medieval Bruges-entire center is a UNESCO world heritage site. Explore by horse drawn carriage, by canal boat or on foot.
- The Grand-Place, Brussels. UNESCO World Heritage site, with outstanding architecture.
- Magritte Museum, Brussels. World’s largest collection of his works.
- The Atomium, Brussels. Built for the 1958 World’s Fair.
- Antwerp: Europe’s second largest port and Flanders’ most cosmopolitan city.
- Charming city of Ghent—perfect mix of medieval and modern.
- Manneken Pis, Brussels.
- WWI battlefield sites and monuments in Flanders Fields area. (Centenary 2014)
- Flower Carpet of Brussels (every 2 years, next time 2012)
- Adoration of the Mystic Lamb (Ghent)
- Local foods: beer, chocolate, waffles, mussels and fries
- Authentic family owned breweries
- Local specialties: diamonds, lace, tapestries
- Beguinages and belfries of Flanders
- Antwerp museums: Rubenshuis: home of world famous artist Peter Paul Rubens, the Plantin-Moretus Museum possessing the two oldest surviving printing presses in the world and “People on the Move”- The Red Star Line Museum of Immigration opening in 2013.
Brussels National Airport (BRU) (Zaventem) www.brusselsairport.be
Main point of entry for cruise ships