Illustration courtesy of Thinkstock
The Pulse: Speakers Announced for June Well-Being Symposium
Why it Rates: Wellness travel is arguably one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative segments of the travel industry. This conference will provide agents with a program whose speakers couple pertinent information on both trends and product to help them learn how to capture a larger share of this lucrative market. - Claudette Covey, TravelPulse travel agents editor
The Well-Being Travel Symposium announced speakers for its June 15-16, 2015 Symposium at the International Plaza Hotel and Conference Center in Toronto. This two-day conference brings together travel professionals, wellness experts and industry leaders including top hotel executives, spa directors and travel suppliers to discuss the growing trends in wellness travel and opportunities for travel sellers and consumers.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from travel professionals, educators, suppliers and industry leaders about trends, strategies and opportunities in wellness travel. Highlights include:
• Prof. Carolana Dimopoulos, president of Learning Journeys powered by Perillo; Aundrea Taylor-Caldwell, leisure sales manager, Mandarin Oriental - Las Vegas and Kathy Egan, president of Biggest Loser Resort Niagara; Adam Glickman, Head of EVEN Hotels & Director of Brand Experience, Lifestyle Brands at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), will lead this wellness travel industry panel and provide the inside story on some of the world's best wellness travel products, what makes them stand out and how to sell wellness.
• David Boucher, COO of Companion Global Healthcare Inc, will answer questions about medical travel, highlight opportunities and challenges, and present additional opportunities for travel agents to expand their knowledge. You will also hear first-hand from a recent medical patient traveler.
• Steve Gillick, President, Talking Travel, will redefine what it means to the wellness traveler to be "unplugged," including the types of activities and destinations available for those who really want to leave the office at home!
• Anne Marie Moebes, executive vice president, Well-Being Travel, will provide an overview of how the wellness travel niche fits into today's consumer driven market and how each industry segment provides information about the benefits and options of traveling for wellness.
• Carmen Perez, The Well-Being messenger, life balance strategist and trainer, creator of Effortless Living, will discuss how to get noticed online and turn "likes" into sales by building a magnetic platform that boosts the bottom line.
• Mia Kyricos, chief brand officer at SpaFinder Wellness, Inc., will share highlights from a recent research report on the top ten wellness trends for 2015.
"The name Well-Being Symposium defines what the conference is about. We have brought together renowned speakers, industry leaders and suppliers to share their unique knowledge and experiences about health and wellness travel," said Anne Marie Moebes, executive vice president of Well-Being Travel. "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to bring travel professionals together to learn from the best, exchange insights with each other and connect through our conference network."
Topics From This Article to Explore