Carnival Cruise Line has appointed 23 new members to its 2015 Travel Partner Advisory Committee (TPAC), a group of travel partners spanning an array of agency models selected each year to offer guidance related to various trade programs, tools and initiatives introduced by Carnival.
This year, for the first time, Carnival selected front line travel agents for the committee in addition to agency owners and executives. This change was implemented to enable Carnival to gain more feedback from agents who engage with the brand on a day-to-day basis in various sales and marketing-related functions.
"We're looking forward to gaining valuable insight from this new and dynamic group of TPAC members, which will allow us to enhance the way we work with agents each and every day," said Mike Julius, Carnival's senior managing director of U.S. trade sales. "This new committee will give a fresh perspective to the many exciting trade initiatives we plan on introducing in the year ahead."
Members of TPAC are nominated by Julius in consultation with Justin French, Carnival's managing director of international sales, and Janet Wygert, the cruise line's managing director of strategic accounts, who receive nominee suggestions from their respective teams.
Nominees are selected with the goal of creating a panel that reflects an array of business models to provide balanced and objective feedback through an open exchange of ideas. Past initiatives TPAC members have helped shape include the development of the line's award-winning social learning game Carnival Adventures, the design of FunECollateral marketing tools and input on overall e-marketing strategy. Travel professionals participate in the committee for a one-year period.
Members of the 2015 Travel Partner Advisory Committee include:
- Diane Allen, Owner and Lead Agent, Cruise One, Allen
- Scott Babus, Front Line Agent, Going Places Travel
- Elliot Finkelman, Selling Owner, Kanata CruiseShipCenters
- Kelley Hardesty, Independent Agent, Nexion
- April Hillsman, Director, Cruise Department, Nexion
- Gavin Johnson, Master Cruise Counselor, Luxury Specialist, Vacations to Go
- Connie Kirby, Senior VP Cruise Department, Vacation Tour & Travel
- Paige Heitzmann, Vice President/Agent, Travel Affiliates
- J.J. Kuykendall, Franchise Owner, Cruise Planners - Kuykendall
- Marietta Levering, Front Line Agent, Cruise Planners - Bogert
- Michele Martel, Group Cruise Agent, L'Univers du Voyage
- Jean Paugh, Owner, All About You Travel Unlimited - Uniglobe USA
- Kathy Primm, Manager, Sue Smith Vacations
- Pat Probert, Senior Travel Consultant, Travel Only
- Gladys Roberts, Senior Cruise Consultant, Cruise Vacation Outlet
- Bob & Betty Tolleson, Franchise Owners, Cruise One
- Debbie Timmerman, Owner, The Travel People
- Penny Turner, Agent, Expedia Cruise Ship Centers, Clearwater
- Sharonda Webb, Agent, Prestige Travel
- Rani Wolkin, Specialist 4, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Susie Wright, Team Leader, Discountcruises.com
- Valeria Vick, Host Agent/Regional Development Coordinator, KHM Travel Group
TPAC members provide Carnival with feedback throughout the year and meet with Carnival quarterly. The group is led by Julius and includes a panel of other trade marketing team members, as well.
SOURCE: Carnival Cruise Line press release
Topics From This Article to Explore