WHY IT RATES: This new Hyatt hotel opening is an example of Oklahoma City's growing and thriving tourism industry. The property is located within walking distance of more than 40 restaurants, bars and attractions. -Mia Taylor, TravelPulse Senior Writer.
Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown, the first Hyatt Place hotel in downtown Oklahoma City, is officially open.
The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand's intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. This hotel is constructed, owned, and operated by NewcrestImage.
"As Oklahoma City continues to thrive economically and grow as a tourist destination, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel to the area," said General Manager Brian Werkman. "With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road. Plus, our free hot breakfast is just the thing our guests need to take on the day. We are local in every sense as we embrace our neighborhood, serve draft beer from Oklahoma City breweries and feature locally created dessert options."
Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown is located within walking distance of more than 40 restaurants, bars, and attractions.
Also nearby is the Chesapeake Energy Arena, home of the Oklahoma City Thunder. Take a short walk to the nearby Boathouse District to plunge down a manmade whitewater rafting course or zip-line across the Oklahoma River.
The hotel is less than a mile away from the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and Oklahoma City Memorial and Museum. When the Oklahoma City Streetcar takes off in late 2018, Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown will be just one block from the closest stop with access to all of Downtown Oklahoma City.
"We are thrilled to expand our relationship with NewcrestImage with the opening of Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown. As one of our most prolific owners, Mehul, Chirag and their colleagues at NewcrestImage are essential to fostering our momentum and powering our growth across the U.S.," said Julienne Smith, senior vice president of development and owner relations, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. "This hotel and its location fit tremendously well within the brand's portfolio, and we're confident it will resonate with our loyal World of Hyatt members who expect a seamless experience throughout their hotel stay. We are excited to support NewcrestImage in bringing this hotel to its fullest potential in the Oklahoma City marketplace."
Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown offers:
- 134 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meetings Spaces offer more than 1800 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free earbuds
"Oklahoma City is a vibrant city, filled with friendly people, great districts and an ever-expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see," said Director of Sales Aaron Worley, Hyatt Place Oklahoma City/Bricktown. "Our hotel is central to all of them and we are confident that this hotel will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area."
SOURCE: Hyatt press release
Topics From This Article to Explore