TAP AIR PORTUGAL
- Portugal has never been hotter from the US -- and not just Lisbon. Travelers are visiting Porto and the Douro Valley, the Algarve, the Azores and Madeira in more numbers than ever before for great weather, food, arts and culture
- Portugal has never been hotter or more popular for US travelers – and their national airline TAP Air Portugal is adding 19 new weekly flights this month to keep up with demand – with new service from Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, DC to Lisbon, and from Newark to Porto.
- And all with brand new aircraft! TAP has 71 new planes being delivered and is the launch carrier for the new Airbus A330 neo.
- Also, if you’re looking to visit anywhere else in Europe, Africa or the Middle East, TAP offers its popular Portugal Stopover – with up to 5 nights in Lisbon or Porto, for no extra airfare, while en route to some 75 destinations beyond Portugal.
- Details at www.flytap.com
GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE
- Greater Fort Lauderdale in South Florida is a great destination for a “beach and beyond” summer vacation for families, outdoor enthusiasts, girls and guys getaways and LGBT travelers. It has something for everyone, and the summer is filled with festivals, events, super deals and special offers.
- Two of the best summer deals that I know of anywhere is Greater Fort Lauderdale’s “Vacation Like a VIP” package at 11 Resort Collection hotels and resorts, including value pricing, upgrades, credits and a free gift. The other is the “2 for 1” BOGO (by one get one free) deal at 40 attractions, including shopping, water sports and restaurants.
- I’m very familiar with Greater Fort Lauderdale and its amazing transformation with five-star resorts and superior small lodgings, lively nightlife and entertainment, an ale trail of breweries, art museums and galleries, vibrant neighborhoods filled with hidden gems, and great restaurants, many available on a fun water taxi ride.
- Details at sunny.org
- Summer is a great time for a vacation. But whether you’re staying stateside or heading to an international destination, travel can be unpredictable.
- Allianz Travel Insurance can protect your investment and help you handle the unexpected in case illness, injury, weather delays or other disruptions get in the way of your trip this summer.
- Buying travel insurance when you book your trip helps you get the best value with protection benefits that match your summer travel needs.
- Learn more at allianztravelinsurance.com
- 2019 is the time to visit Virginia – right now Virginia is hosting the 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution, which commemorates the 400th anniversary of key historical events from the year 1619 that influenced the Evolution of today’s America.
- The birth of our nation actually took place in Virginia, which most people don’t know about. There’s truly something for everyone in the family here – there are beaches, amusements parks, wineries, museums, mountains and historical sites.
- The events the 2019 Commemoration has planned this summer are themed around democracy, diversity and opportunity – the next big one is in Williamsburg in July, which honors the first representative legislative assembly in the New World, which essentially paved the way for American democracy.
- The last weekend of August in Hampton, VA there will be three-days of events and activities commemorating the arrival of the first Africans in English North America and the 400-year arc of African American history.
- Virginia has pulled out all the stops for this year. They created a free mobile app, Virginia History Trails, which makes sightseeing in any part of Virginia easy and fun. The app essentially puts 400 years of both Virginia and America’s history at your fingertips.
- You can learn more at www.americanevolution2019.com
# # #