Hotels and Resorts
La Casa de la Playa: Boutique Luxury in the Riviera Maya
A Romantic Paradise: Finding Wedded Bliss in Tobago
The Dos and Don'ts of a Successful Road Trip
Get Free Nights at Sensira Resort & Spa
Sensira Resort & Spa
Greater Miami & Miami Beach Specialist
Travel Suppliers With the Best Commissions for Travel Advisors
Partner With Palladium and Sell as a Specialist
With the Queen of England celebrating her Jubilee this year, there's more attention than ever on the island of Britain. If you're eager to make the trip yourself, CIE Tours will surely have the perfect vacation. Check out this list of 10 things to do in Britain this summer, choose a tour and start your planning.
1. Visit the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels and the Beefeaters in their Tudor-era regalia. Visiting this summer will be even more special than usual thanks to Superbloom; in a splendid floral celebration of the Queen's Jubilee, organizers have planted wildflowers in the moat, and they'll bloom through mid-September. Recommended tour: London Daytripper
2. See St George's Chapel, where Prince Harry wed Meghan Markle, as you tour Windsor Castle. The Queen often spends her weekends here, and it's the largest inhabited castle in the world. Recommended Tour: English Odyssey
3. Ride down the Cam in a traditional punt, a flat-bottomed boat dating back to medieval times. Your guide will steer the boat and regale you with tales of the Cambridge colleges that surround you. Recommended tour: Gems of Northern England
4. Delve into nautical life in Portsmouth's Historic Dockyard. Once the world's greatest naval port, it's today home to a fascinating collection of some of the most important ships of the past. Recommended tour: Gems of Southern England
5. Walk the cobbled streets of St Ives - an old fishing town beloved by artists. See its quaint cottages, art galleries and surrounding sandy beaches. Recommended tour: Highlights of Britain
6. Visit Cardiff Castle in Wales and marvel at this medieval structure, fabulously renovated in the opulent Victorian Gothic style. Recommended Tour: Best of Britain
7. Visit prehistoric Stonehenge - and marvel at these vast monoliths mysteriously erected 5,000 years ago. Recommended tour: English Odyssey
8. Venture to the gateway of the Scottish Highlands and head to the historic Blair Athol distillery in scenic Pitlochry, a resort area popular since Victorian times. Recommended tour: Irish & Scottish Sampler
9. Tour the coastal town of St Andrews, and discover its fame as the home of golf - they've been playing it here since at least the 16th century! Recommended tour: Irish & Scottish Sampler
10. Spend a little time in Hay-on-Wye in Wales and see why it's known as "the town of books" and bibliophile heaven. With over twenty bookshops - many specializing in rare, vintage or historic editions - it's a reader's paradise. Recommended tour: Highlights of Britain
Ready to start planning? Check out the tours below and find your perfect trip!
CIE Tours has a number of tours available to take in the delights of Britain. Choose from these popular tours and more at cietours.com:
London Daytripper: Unpack once and make yourself at home in one of the greatest cities in the world. Explore the iconic sights of the South of England by day, then London is yours to discover as you wish in the evenings.
English Odyssey: See the England of your dreams on this sweeping tour covering the entirety of England. Or if you'd like a shorter trip, choose Gems of Northern England or Gems of Southern England.
Best of Britain: Take a fast-paced introduction to England, Scotland and Wales on this perfect tour for first-timers.
Irish & Scottish Sampler: Discover the highlights around Dublin and Belfast before crossing over to Scotland and on to the delights of Edinburgh.
Highlights of Britain: Traverse Britain to see Devon and Cornwall in England's southwest, the medieval heritage of Wales, and Scotland's delights.
Contact your travel advisor or visit the CIE Tours website to learn more.
the latest travel news, advice, updates, upcoming exclusive deals and more.
CEO of Zenbiz Travel, LLC
Puerto Vallarta is awaiting you!