Carnival Cruise Line Updates Carnival Valor with New Dining
Photo courtesy of Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line has enhanced its Carnival Valor ahead of the ship’s newly scheduled year-round three- and four-day cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida. Eight new Fun Ship 2.0 dining and bar venues have now been added onboard including favorites like Guy’s Burger Joint and the BlueIguana Cantina.
“Carnival Valor offers a convenient and affordable choice from Port Canaveral, with a host of exciting new innovations as well as popular features like a reservations-only steakhouse and nearly 600 balcony staterooms – rare for a short cruise itinerary,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “We’re sure our guests are going to love all the new features and our travel agent partners will appreciate this exciting new cruise vacation option departing from the Space Coast.”
The modifications to the ship were made during a dry-dock refurbishment that started on April 23 and just finished on May 8, 2016. The newly added spaces (some shown in the slideshow below) are described as follows:
• Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside diner in collaboration with Food Network star Guy Fieri that serves up gourmet burgers and fries among California car-culture decor
• BlueIguana Cantina – another free poolside eatery that serves Mexican cuisine like burritos and tacos on freshly-made tortillas that can be dressed at an extensive toppings and salsa bar
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar – complementing the cantina is a bar counterpart that whips up specialty tequila-based frozen drinks and beers
• RedFrog Rum Bar – also poolside is a playful rival bar that offers Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers such as the house ThirstyFrog Red
• RedFrog Pub – continuing the fun is an interior pub extension serving similar drinks in a “British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West” atmosphere
• Alchemy Bar – a distinct “vintage-themed cocktail ‘pharmacy’” that mixes custom drink “prescriptions”
• SkyBox Sports Bar – a watering hole home to live sporting events and a real-time 24/7 sports ticker
• Cherry On Top – the sweet spot for purchasing bulk candy, special gifts and custom apparel
The Carnival Valor joins the Carnival Magic and Carnival Victory year-round and Carnival Sunshine seasonally from Port Canaveral. Its three- and four-day Bahamian itineraries to Nassau and Freeport will begin on Oct. 30, 2016. Before then, the Valor will embark on three- to six-day cruises in May and five- and eight-day sailings through October.
Ports in May will include Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport, and those through October will feature Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Freeport, Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Aruba, Grand Turk, Curaçao and Bonaire.
Bookings are currently available. For more information and to reserve, contact a travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports