Crystal Cruises Reveals New Product Timeline and World Cruise
Map courtesy of Crystal Cruises
Aboard Crystal Cruises’ current world cruise on the Crystal Serenity, the line’s president and CEO, Edie Rodriguez, discussed what’s new for the luxury travel company including its future products and another 2019 world voyage. On the cruise line’s blog, she also outlines a timeline of when to expect its next vessels and first aircraft.
Grand Continental Odysseys
Crystal’s 2019 world cruise, again on the Crystal Serenity, will be titled “Grand Continental Odysseys” (mapped above) and will begin in Los Angeles, California on Jan. 14. Highlights will include Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, the Mediterranean and the South Pacific to focus on wild adventures and safaris. It will be an 84-day voyage that can be booked together or in four separate segments available now.
Leading up to and within 2019 are also many new product launches, several now with specific dates to look forward to.
- Crystal Luxury Air this month debuts with its 12-guest Bombardier Global Express XRS jet for private charters accommodating worldwide Crystal voyages.
- Crystal River Cruises: Crystal Mozart on July 13, 2016 will be the first riverboat and the line’s largest to embark on its luxury journeys through Austria, Hungary, Germany and more.
- Crystal River Cruises: Crystal Debussy on June 4, 2017 will be the line’s first 110-guest purpose-built riverboat set for Parisian river cruises.
- Crystal River Cruises: Crystal Bach on June 18, 2017 will follow shortly behind her preceding sister ship along the Rhine river.
- Crystal River Cruises: Crystal Ravel on Aug. 8, 2017 will be the first of another pair of 84-guest riverboats set to traverse the Bordeaux region of France.
- Crystal River Cruises: Crystal Mahler on Aug. 29, 2017 will be the second smaller riverboat scheduled to sail along the Rhine-Main-Danube Locks.
- Crystal AirCruises in 2017 will depart a bit from the Crystal Luxury Air moniker to launch its 88-guest Boeing 777-200LR on 14- and 28-day international itineraries, featuring prime locales not frequented by mainstream airlines. A Boeing 787 Dreamliner is also expected to follow.
- Crystal Yacht Cruises: Crystal Endeavor in August 2018 will set sail as a brand new mega-yacht with two helicopters and two submarines along for the ride, taking guests luxuriously to the most remote regions of the world in Polar Class 6 ice class comfort and safety.
- Crystal Exclusive-class and Crystal Residences in Fall 2019 will launch with the first of three new polar class luxury ships, more in line with the existing Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony, plus for the first time, private residences onboard as well.
Remarkably, Rodriguez admitted at Seatrade Cruise Global 2016 that all of the above, plus plans to relaunch the classic SS United States ocean liner, amounts to just 50 percent of what the line has in store for its future.
More by Jason Leppert
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions
Airlines & Airports
Cruise Line & Cruise Ship