Which Hotels Have the Highest, Lowest Average Daily Room Rates?
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock
It's fair to say that Ritz-Carlton is the epitome of luxury. So it's not all that surprising that the Marriott International brand recorded the highest average daily room rate (ADR) during the fourth quarter of 2015.
According to data compiled by ChainHotels.com, Ritz-Carlton's ADR reached $365.97 during last year's final quarter.
Four other brands cracked the $300 mark, including a pair of Hyatt brands and a pair of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide brands.
ChainHotels.com researched nine major hotel chains, including Choice Hotels International, Extended Stay America, Hilton Worldwide, Hyatt, the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG), LaQuinta, Marriott, Starwood, and Wyndham Worldwide.
READ MORE: What Are The Best Hotels of 2016?
Top 10 Highest Fourth Quarter 2015 ADR by Brand:
1. Ritz-Carlton (Marriott) – $365.97
2. Andaz (Hyatt) – $339.77
3. Park Hyatt (Hyatt) – $322.43
4. St. Regis/Luxury Collection (Starwood) – $307.12
5. W Hotels (Starwood) – $300.89
6. Waldorf-Astoria (Hilton) – $278.59
7. Conrad Hotels (Hilton) – $258.77
8. Grand Hyatt (Hyatt) – $236.42
9. Kimpton Hotels (IHG) – $234.96
10. Autograph Collection (Marriott) – $232.58
While chains like Hyatt, Starwood, Hilton and Marriott featured heavily on the list of highest ADR, Choice Hotels and Wyndham Worldwide dominated the list of the lowest ADR for the fourth quarter of 2015.
Choice Hotels' Suburban brand was the lowest at $47.15 per night, while Wyndham's Knights Inn and Super 8 weren't far behind, each coming in under $50 at $47.21 and $48.84, respectively.
Top 10 Lowest Fourth Quarter 2015 ADR by Brand:
1. Suburban (Choice Hotels) – $47.15
2. Knights Inn (Wyndham) – $47.21
3. Super 8 (Wyndham) – $48.84
4. Econo Lodge (Choice Hotels) – $56.79
5. Rodeway (Choice Hotels) – $57.00
6. Howard Johnson (Wyndham) – $60.92
7. Extended Stay America - $61.52
8. Travel Lodge (Wyndham) – $62.65
9. Days Inn (Wyndham) – $64.04
10. Baymont (Wyndham) – $66.11
At 6.9 percent, TRYP by Wyndham saw the greatest increase in ADR from the fourth quarter 2014 to the fourth quarter 2015 among the analyzed brands.
Chain-wide, Extended Stay America saw the highest jump in ADR at 6.7 percent, followed by Marriott at 3.3 percent.
ChainHotels.com also examined occupancy rates for the chains and their various brands. Hyatt (71.4 percent) posted the highest rate among chains, while IHG's Kimpton Hotels (78.7 percent) recorded the highest fourth quarter 2015 occupancy of any of the measured brands.
Click here to view ChainHotels.com's complete breakdown of the fourth quarter 2015 figures.
For more Hotel & Resort News
More by Patrick Clarke
Get Travel Deals and Travel News
Recent Travel Opinions