Hotels and Resorts
La Casa de la Playa: Boutique Luxury in the Riviera Maya
A Romantic Paradise: Finding Wedded Bliss in Tobago
The Dos and Don'ts of a Successful Road Trip
Get Free Nights at Sensira Resort & Spa
Sensira Resort & Spa
Greater Miami & Miami Beach Specialist
Travel Suppliers With the Best Commissions for Travel Advisors
Partner With Palladium and Sell as a Specialist
The "Upgrades on Us" promotion from Cunard Line is running until February 28, 2017 in order to extend free double upgrades from inside to balcony cabins, 50 percent reduced deposits, complimentary drinks in Grill Suites and free gratuities for previous guests applied towards select cruises.
Itinerary examples include the following:
• Transatlantic Crossings rates from $1,499
• New England & Canada rates from $1,549
• Caribbean rates from $2,499
• Northern Europe rates from $1,399
• Mediterranean rates from $1,299
• Iberia & Canary Islands rates from $1,399
Also on special are 2018 World and Exotic Voyages with an early booking benefit. Up to $700 onboard credit per cabin applies to 7- to 24-night sailings booked by February 28, 2017, and the following apply to the world cruise:
• Free Gratuities
• Gala World Voyage Special Event
• Unique Commemorative Guests
• Welcome Aboard Reception
• Services of a World Voyage Concierge
• Reduced Deposit
• Onboard Credit of up to $3,000
• Alternative Dining Credit
• Ground Transfers
• Pre-cruise Hotel
• Laundry Service
• White Star Luggage Service
Holland America Line
Holland America Line is currently running its "View & Verandah" promotion towards select 2017 and 2018 sailings and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys. Travelers who reserve by February 28, 2017 will get a cabin upgrade, an onboard credit up to $500 per cabin and up to 10 percent off select Journeys Ashore tours. Plus, those booking a suite will get prepaid gratuities. Eligible cruises are from March 30, 2017 to April 28, 2018 except Grand Voyages and Grand Voyage segments.
The upgrade works such that a cruiser can reserve an ocean-view cabin for the cost of an interior one or a verandah one for the cost of an ocean-view stateroom. Extended beyond the initial promotion, discounts on over 1,500 Journeys Ashore tours can be had through March 15, 2017.
Additionally, travel agents who book clients with the promo will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a 7-day cruise of their own. One entry will be added for every View & Verandah reservation.
"Our annual View and Verandah promotion is popular with our guests because of the fantastic offers, and by giving travel professionals the chance to win a cruise we hope it's just as enticing for them to book their clients," said Eva Jenner, Holland America Line's vice president of North America Sales. "We're always thinking about ways to thank travel professionals for their loyalty and business, and there's no better way to show our appreciation than to create an opportunity for them to sail aboard one of our ships to experience exactly what their clients love and enjoy."
Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line's "Free at Sea" promotion continues with an opportunity to choose complimentary shore excursion credits in unlimited ports-of-call through January 16, 2017.
Cruisers who reserve a new 3-day or longer voyage in an oceanview, balcony or minisuite category cabin can choose two of the five free perks: free unlimited open bar, free Specialty Dining package, $50 towards shore excursions in each port per cabin, a free 250 minute WiFi package or Norwegian's Kids Sail Free special for third and fourth guests to sail complimentarily. Inside and Studio stateroom guests can select one of the benefits, and suite or The Haven by Norwegian guests will receive all five.
For the Pride of America in Hawaii, guests in any cabin category can select one of the following five free benefits: a complimentary 1-night pre-cruise hotel stay and an opportunity to choose reduced airfare beginning at $399, a free Specialty Dining Package, free pre-paid service charges for first and second guests, free $50 per port shore excursion credit per cabin or Norwegian's Kids Sail Free, again for complimentary third and fourth guests. All five perks will be granted to guests in suites.
For "Snowbirds in Residence" Caribbean cruises on Oceania Cruises' Riviera from December 2, 2017 for 116 days or January 13, 2018 for 74 days, guests receive up to 66 percent savings, complimentary economy or reduced first class airfare, free laundry services and a choice of one of the following OLife Amenities:
• Up to $6,800 onboard credit
• Up to 68 complimentary shore excursions
• Free beverage package
Plus, cruisers on the 116-day sailing will automatically jump to Silver Level Oceania Club status and get pre-paid gratuities.
"Savvy travelers fleeing the cold and gloom of the wintry north will discover there is no greater value than our Snowbirds in Residence program. It's the ultimate winter vacation home experience with the added bonus of new scenery and experiences virtually every day," stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Travelers wishing to escape to the Caribbean, Mexico and the West Coast can take advantage of Princess Cruises' new "Great Getaways Sale" for rates beginning at $349. Additionally, reduced deposits are just $50 per person, and third and fourth guest fares start at only $99 per person.
Example deals are as follows:
• 4-day West Coast Getaways ~ $349 interior or $449 balcony per person
• 6-day Western Caribbean ~ $499 interior or $699 balcony per person
• 5-day Cabo San Lucas Getaway ~ $499 interior or $699 balcony per person
• 3-day Pacific Coastal ~ $299 interior or $499 balcony per person
For Mediterranean cruises, Star Clippers is extending complimentary pre- and post-cruise hotel stays, valued at more than $500, to Royal Clipper and Star Flyer 2017 sailings. Weeklong cruises with a 2-night hotel stay, breakfast and transfer begin at $1,240 per person.
Detailed itinerary examples are as follows:
• NICE: Select April-October 2017 sailings ~ 1 free hotel night for 7-night cruises plus breakfast and transfer, Hotel Ellington Nice, Cruise and Stay Rates from $1,810 per person
• CANNES: Select April-October 2017 sailings ~ 2 free hotel nights for 7-night cruises plus breakfast and transfer, Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel Cannes, Cruise and Stay Rates from $1,810 per person
• ROME: Select June-September 2017 sailings ~ 1 free hotel night for 7-night cruises plus breakfast and transfer, Hotel Mediterranean Rome, Cruise and Stay Rates from $1,810 per person
• ATHENS: Select April-October 2017 sailings ~ 2 free hotel nights for 7-night cruises plus breakfast and transfer, Electra Hotel Athens, Cruise and Stay Rates from $1,240 per person
Jason Leppert - Senior Writer, Cruises and Cruise Travel - is a San Diego-based cruising expert with more than 100 sailings...
the latest travel news, advice, updates, upcoming exclusive deals and more.
CEO of Zenbiz Travel, LLC
Five Years Later, What Have We Learned From United's Dr. Dao Dragging Incident?
Top Cruise Travel Stories From September
Puerto Vallarta is awaiting you!