Airlines and Airports
JetBlue Expands Service to Washington DC From New York
La Paz Blog
5 Amazing Adventures for Travelers in La Paz, Mexico
Virgin Voyages Blog
Inspiration for a Couple's Getaway
Hotels and Resorts
Regent Oceanfront Butler Suite
Greater Miami & Miami Beach Specialist
Travel Suppliers With the Best Commissions for Travel Advisors
Partner With Palladium and Sell as a Specialist
Photo courtesy of Carnival Cruise Line
The first quarter of the year, called Wave Season, usually brings great cruise deals, and this year is proving to be no exception as the lines are coming out with specials in droves. We've gathered the new ones and combined them with existing offers for the monster list below.
Early booking incentives for 2017 AmaWaterways voyages reserved by July 31, 2016 include $1,500 savings per stateroom on select Wine Cruises, $1,000 savings per stateroom on any 10- and 14-night sailings or $500 savings per stateroom on all other 7-night cruises.
Blount Small Ship Adventures
Through Feb. 1, Blount Small Ship Adventures says it is offering the following perks:
• Up to 40 percent off cruise fare
• FREE pre-night that includes cabin and onboard meals
• FREE $150 onboard credit per person towards shore excursions and ship merchandise
Carnival Cruise Line
For a month through Jan. 31, Carnival Cruise Line is launching the "Carnivalidays" event for special prices and additional perks. Various offers include complimentary two-category upgrades, onboard credits, reduced deposits and 24-hour sales on hundreds of cruises.
The specials apply to many three- to eight-day sailings to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico and even Europe aboard the cruise line's upcoming new Carnival Vista, setting sail in the Mediterranean in May 2016.
Crystal Cruises is celebrating its unprecedented brand expansion, including yacht and river sailings, with "Crystal Exclusive Journeys" and the option to combine journeys for added savings.
Guests can reserve sailings on Crystal's river yachts, embarking in 2016 and 2017, by the February 29 Book Now deadline and take advantage of extra savings on cruises aboard its two classic ocean ships, the Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, plus Crystal's new luxury yacht Crystal Esprit.
Back-to-back sailing opportunities include the seven-day Oct. 3, 2017 French wine country river cruise roundtrip from Bordeaux on Crystal Ravel followed by the 11-day October 10 sailing roundtrip from Lisbon on Crystal Symphony, enjoying 15 percent savings. Or guests can book say the 14-day July 2, 2017 Rhine River cruise from Frankfurt to Amsterdam on Crystal Bach followed by the 7-day July 16 yacht cruise on Crystal Esprit from Athens to Dubrovnik, with 20 percent savings.
Additionally, Crystal is offering great deals on its other ocean cruises aboard the Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, starting at only $1,845 per person for reservations made by the Feb. 29 Book Now deadline. They can save in all cabin categories up to $5,435 per person on sailings in Hawaii, Panama Canal, Pacific Coast, Alaska, Antarctica, Asia, South America, Mediterranean, British Isles, Baltic/North Cape, Caribbean and New England/Canada.
Another Crystal Memories special applies to select sailings including complimentary third berths and perks for large groups and guests traveling with children. Plus, there are lowered single supplements for solo travelers, reduced fares for short Crystal Getaways, savings on Explorer Combination Cruises and a 2.5 percent incentive for guest who pay in full 6 months in advance.
On select Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria sailings, free upgrades and free gratuities await Cunard Line passengers in all accommodation categories, and additional free drinks will be poured for guests in Grill Suites as part of "The Ultimate Upgrade" bookings made through Feb. 29, 2016.
The offer according to Cunard includes:
• Balcony stateroom for the same fare as an Oceanview stateroom
• Princess Grill Suite for the same fare as a Balcony or Britannia Club Balcony
• Queens Grill Suite for the same fare as a Princess Grill Suite
• Free Gratuities for two people
• Plus guests in Grill suites receive Free Drinks
RELATED: Which is America's Most Trusted Cruise Line?
Now through Feb. 29, 2016, Emerald Waterways is offering free round-trip airfare from major U.S. and Canadian gateways for guests reserving a Balcony Suite, including the Panorama Balcony Suite, the Grand Balcony Suite and the Owner's One Bedroom Suite, on 2016 Europe river cruises departing through Aug. 31, 2016.
Also, guests who reserve a stateroom cabin category on a Europe itinerary are eligible for a reduced airfare rate of $995 US/CAN per person. And those who book any cabin category on all 2016 Southeast Asian itineraries will also receive free airfare from major gateway cities.
Fathom is now offering what is calls its "D.I.B.S." (Deep Impact. Big Savings.) offer for discounts on its forthcoming new social impact sailings.
Through February 2016, the line is making available three ways to save on Dominican Republic cruises:
• Receive discounts up to $400 per person ($100 in an interior cabin, $200 in an ocean view cabin, $300 in a balcony cabin or $400 in a suite).
• Bring along a group and third and fourth travelers will be entirely free of charge.
• Reduce your deposit by 50 percent with only $150 due at initial booking.
Plus, you can win a free trip on the maiden DR voyage on April 10, 2016 by signing up here (https://www.fathom.org/win-a-trip/).
Also through February 2016, the line is offering savings for those booking a cultural immersion Cuba cruise (pending approval):
• Get a $50 onboard credit for interior and ocean view cabin bookings.
• Get a $100 onboard credit for balcony cabin and suite bookings.
• Reduce your deposit by 50 percent with only $300 due at initial booking.
French Country Waterways
The American-owned luxury barge cruise operator, French Country Waterways, is currently offering savings on its April 2016 six-night Burgundy sailings in France. Besides a $600 saving per couple, the offer provides a free one-night pre-cruise hotel stay at a luxury Paris hotel. Rates start at $4,195 per person aboard the 18-guest Esprit and $5,895 per person on the 12-guest Adrienne and Nenuphar.
For "Wave Season," MSC Cruises is promoting "2-for-1 Balcony" specials on seven- or 10-night Caribbean cruises on MSC Divina in 2016 and 2017, and kids 12 and under cruise free on over twenty select sailings. On cruises from April 23, 2016 through March 25, 2017, balcony rates start at $999 with a paying first guest and complimentary second guest. The three month sale applies to select 7-day or longer cruises booked now through Feb. 28, 2016.
Examples of the cruise deal are detailed by MSC below:
• April 30, 2016: stops in Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Nassau, Bahamas - prices start at $1299 for a Balcony stateroom for two people
• May 7, 2016: stops in Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Nassau, Bahamas - prices start at $999 for a Balcony stateroom for two people
• Aug. 27, 2016: stops in Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Nassau, Bahamas - prices start at $1,229 for a Balcony stateroom for two people
Plus, the "K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Sale)" is discounting 2016 European cruises. Over 400 summer itineraries across seven ships will be available starting at $599 per person, and kids 12 and under also sail free on all these Mediterranean cruises.
Norwegian Cruise Line
In conjunction with its new "Feel Free" branding campaign, Norwegian Cruise Line has renewed its promotion and renamed it "Free at Sea." Those who book through April 10 can take advantage of up to $1,600 in added value.
As before, the offer allows guests who reserve a new five-day or longer voyage in any cabin category on sailings more than 30 days prior to departure to choose one of four complimentary amenities: a free Ultimate Beverage Package, a free Specialty Dining Package, free $50 per port shore excursion credits in up to four ports or a free 250 minute Wi-Fi package. Also, guests in a suite or The Haven by Norwegian will get to enjoy all four free offers.
Plus, Hawaiian cruises aboard the Pride of America are running a special Free at Sea promotion as well. Guests who book a new seven-day inter-island voyage more than 30 days prior, sailing through April 29, 2017, in any cabin category can choose one of four similar free offers: a free one-night pre-cruise hotel stay, a free Specialty Dining Package, free pre-paid gratuities for the first and second guest in the stateroom or a free $50 per port shore excursion credits in up to four ports. And again, guests who reserve a suite will enjoy all four complimentary offers.
RELATED: 10 of the Best Cruise Ship Bars
Oceania Cruises' new OLIfe Choice promotion, good through June 30, 2016, allows guests in any stateroom or suite category the option to choose from several complimentary perks on sailings leaving on or after April 25, 2016.
Free amenities to select from include free unlimited internet and a choice of a beverage package, free shore excursions or an onboard credit. The amount of included shore excursions and onboard credit provided depends on the voyage length, ranging from three excursions or $300 in credit for cruises up to nine days to five excursions and $500 in credit for cruises 14 days or longer.
Through Feb. 29, 2016, Princess Cruises is running a "Twice as Nice" sale affording double onboard credits and savings up to $1,000 per stateroom on cruises 6 days in length or longer to all destinations sailing from summer 2016 to spring 2017, a total of 700 available voyages.
For guests booking an interior or oceanview stateroom, up to a $300 onboard credit per stateroom will be provided, and for guests booking a balcony, mini-suite or suite, up to a $600 onboard credit per stateroom will be provided.
Examples of the cruise deal are detailed by Princess below:
• Western Caribbean cruise - six days: $549 interior (was $599); $799 balcony (was $949) plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
• Mexico or California Coast cruise - seven days: $599 interior (was $749); $849 balcony (was $1,099) plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
• Alaska cruise - seven days: $799 interior (was $849); $1,349 balcony (was $1,399) plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
• Alaska Land and Sea vacation - 10 days: $1,754 interior (was $1,954); $2,999 balcony (was $3,204) plus receive up to $300 onboard spending money per stateroom.
• Scandinavia & Russia cruise - 11 days: $1,699 interior (was $2,149); $2,299 balcony (was $2,999) plus receive up to $400 onboard spending money per stateroom.
• Mediterranean cruise - 14 days: $1,949 interior (was $2,548); $2,749 balcony (was $3,348) plus receive up to $600 onboard spending money per stateroom.
Seabourn Cruise Line
There are savings and added value to be had on Seabourn Cruise Line luxury sailings in 2016 and 2017 thanks to the company's "2016 Signature Savings Event."
Benefit described by the line include:
• Reduced deposits
• Complimentary veranda suite upgrades
• Additional savings of up to 15 percent on Combination Voyages
• $1,000 USD per suite shipboard credit for penthouse and premium suites
• $200 USD per suite shipboard credit on select Europe voyages
The offers apply to select sailings to the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Antarctica and Patagonia, Arabia & India, Southeast Asia, Canada & New England, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand and crossing the Atlantic.
All-inclusive Silversea Cruises is offering more complimentary rewards on 2016 Mediterranean, African and Asian sailings with the following amenities detailed by the line:
• Roundtrip economy air travel and transfers
• Two-night pre-cruise hotel stay (for Mediterranean sailings)
• Three-night safari (for African sailings)
• Free Silver Shore Select excursions in every port
• Free Wi-Fi (for all 2016 sailings to all regions of the globe)
These air, land and sea perks are available for new reservations on three Africa and Indian Ocean cruises aboard Silver Cloud; 30 Mediterranean cruises aboard Silver Cloud, Silver Wind and Silver Spirit; and Asian cruises aboard Silver Shadow.
The above benefits specifically include a 2-night pre-cruise stay at a deluxe hotel in the Mediterranean with airport, hotel and ship transfers (or a 3-night safari in Kenya or South Africa), and roundtrip international economy flights from over 50 U.S. and Canada airports. For those who wish, business class flight upgrades are available from $999 for one-way transoceanic flights to and from the Mediterranean cruises and from $2,749 one-way servicing the African ones.
Plus, Silversea Cruises has 2017 South American Grand Voyages available for a 63-day voyage on the current Silver Spirit flagship on January 16 or even a 66-day voyage on the line's forthcoming new Silver Muse, now under construction, on October 13. Exclusive offerings on these full sailings include the following according to the company:
• $2,000 Onboard Spending Credit (per double-occupancy suite)
• One exclusive Silversea Experience
• One exclusive shoreside event
• Free Wi-Fi
• Free laundry service plus dry cleaning
All extras join an already extensive list of included Silversea features encompassing ocean-view suites; gourmet cuisine; personal butler service; complimentary champagne, select wines, premium spirits, specialty coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks; in-suite stocked bar; in-suite dining and 24-hour room service; lecture and enrichment programs; transportation into town (for most ports); onboard gratuities and free Wi-Fi connectivity.
Jason Leppert - Senior Writer, Cruises and Cruise Travel - is a San Diego-based cruising expert with more than 100 sailings...
the latest travel news, advice, updates, upcoming exclusive deals and more.
CEO of Zenbiz Travel, LLC
Saudi Arabia Packing List: What to Wear When Visiting
DEI Advisors Interviews Bob Sullivan, Chief Commercial Officer / President for Northstar Travel Group